Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fitted my sc430 mods throttle controller on Sunday

Localhero

Yes my throttle controller arrived from the US of A  ordered Monday arrived Friday no import duty pleased with that!

Quite easy to fit although you to be a contortionist  or a gynecologist,  or not over 70 like me 😀anyway it works and I have approx 30 settings to play with, I also got free an obd scanner not worked that out yet as my 0bd port is currently occupied, i believe you can buy a splitter plug for obd socket so might try that👍Stew

20230318_130604.jpg

20230319_121618.jpg

20230211_170251.jpg

• Like 2

I'd be interested to see what you think of it after you've used it a while. 

I used to have a Mercedes E500 and the American owners saw the "Sprint Booster" (same type of device) as a must-have mod, I presumed they had sloppier throttle mapping for their market as the UK ones were pretty nippy. Given the LS460 seems to communicate throttle inputs via telegram I can imagine the SC430 may have similarly "relaxed" response out of the box (i.e. quite quick once the engine wakes up, but you have to wait for it to read the "full power if you would be so kind" message, put down its tea and then open the throttle.)

Does it have any modes besides altering the throttle pedal response? E.g. a speed limiter

• Like 1

I can recommend the SprintBooster. I have it on the SC and the GS460. It has lots of settings that change the degree of delay but essentially, on the highest setting, it virtually eliminates the throttle lag. Various throttle controllers claim to do all sorts of amazing stuff, take all that with a big pinch of salt but the difference they can make to the driving experience just by removing the accelerator signal delay is well worth it....or you could be brave and have the ecu remapped and then lots of other changes are possible. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Localhero said:

Yes my throttle controller arrived from the US of A  ordered Monday arrived Friday no import duty pleased with that!

Quite easy to fit although you to be a contortionist  or a gynecologist,  or not over 70 like me 😀anyway it works and I have approx 30 settings to play with, I also got free an obd scanner not worked that out yet as my 0bd port is currently occupied, i believe you can buy a splitter plug for obd socket so might try that👍Stew

20230318_130604.jpg

20230319_121618.jpg

20230211_170251.jpg

Hi Stewart your car is so clean and shiny, you must have put a lot of hard work into it. I have never seen a luggage rack on an SC before so that is a first for me.  I really enjoy my throttle controller it stays on 3.9 all the time as you get used to using a light foot for leisurely driving and when not you fly. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all those that are interested, yes the difference is remarkable, there are 5 main settings, eco,norm,p1,p2,and p3, each mode has 9 steps other than norm! Now I don't know if E1 is more economic than e9 but its like driving in snow setting! P1to p9 you will feel a difference P2 to p9 is where the fun begins and I leave it in P2.6 which is how it came, and is very noticeably quicker, P3.9 max is quite electrifying although to me a bit  harsh, (makes the wife scream and grab hold of the door handle, something I haven't done for years!!) Now a query for you techy guys if fuel consumption is measured by throttle position then is not altering the throttle setting going to give false   readings? Since fitting this I am averaging 25.4 mpg with some very spirited driving and a couple of 3 fig runs, at the local airport runway 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links