Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High rev at idle / Slow braking noise

Hi All 

I am a first time Lexus UX user   .

1) My Lexus UX 250h E4 , seems to rev very high at idle , say when at traffic stops . This happens at random , some times pressing the accelerator reduces the rev. I can hear the engine crying out loud 😀.
2) My brake keeps making this cranking or rubbery noise when it’s comes to full stop at very slow speed and again when I release break very gently from a traffic stop . This does not happen during normal braking but only when I apply break at very slow speed just before car comes to full stop and right before I release break . 
Any suggestions , should I be concerned . I am still under warranty for another 9 months . 
Thanks 

9 minutes ago, ScoFair said:

Mine does this too. Normally when it gets down to three or even illuminated blocks on the charge display

Thanks 

Hi Ammu. I can only echo others here, really...

To answer your first point, this sounds pretty normal to me. My engine usually kicks in when the hybrid Battery monitor shows it down to three blocks. I've had it a few times not kick in until it's dropped to two, but that isn't very often at all. You'll also notice the engine will usually run more before kicking into electric mode when it's cold too (for instance, setting out first thing in the morning).

With regards to your second point, this sounds normal for almost any car I've ever driven with an automatic transmission. With the clutch always being engaged, it will naturally pull against the brakes. I think the only time I've not heard any 'binding' types of sounds if I'm not pressing the brake hard enough whilst coming to a stop or just releasing the brake pedal slowly from a standstill is on a genuinely brand new automatic car for the first few hundred miles or so - probably before the brakes have had a proper chance to bed-in.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your UX! I've had mine for just over three years now and it's been a very good car indeed. Of course there's a couple of little things which nag me a bit with it, but overall it's proven to be quiet, comfortable, well equipped and well built for the sector it's set in. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Hi Ammu. I can only echo others here, really...

To answer your first point, this sounds pretty normal to me. My engine usually kicks in when the hybrid battery monitor shows it down to three blocks. I've had it a few times not kick in until it's dropped to two, but that isn't very often at all. You'll also notice the engine will usually run more before kicking into electric mode when it's cold too (for instance, setting out first thing in the morning).

With regards to your second point, this sounds normal for almost any car I've ever driven with an automatic transmission. With the clutch always being engaged, it will naturally pull against the brakes. I think the only time I've not heard any 'binding' types of sounds if I'm not pressing the brake hard enough whilst coming to a stop or just releasing the brake pedal slowly from a standstill is on a genuinely brand new automatic car for the first few hundred miles or so - probably before the brakes have had a proper chance to bed-in.

Other than that, I hope you enjoy your UX! I've had mine for just over three years now and it's been a very good car indeed. Of course there's a couple of little things which nag me a bit with it, but overall it's proven to be quiet, comfortable, well equipped and well built for the sector it's set in. 

Thanks Gary for explaining it so well . You have put my mind to rest  . I have never used a hybrid always driven a BMW diesel till this new change . I am enjoying my UX and as you said it’s a beautiful car . 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:16 PM, Ammu said:

Hi All 

I am a first time Lexus UX user   .

1) My Lexus UX 250h E4 , seems to rev very high at idle , say when at traffic stops . This happens at random , some times pressing the accelerator reduces the rev. I can hear the engine crying out loud 😀.
2) My brake keeps making this cranking or rubbery noise when it’s comes to full stop at very slow speed and again when I release break very gently from a traffic stop . This does not happen during normal braking but only when I apply break at very slow speed just before car comes to full stop and right before I release break . 
Any suggestions , should I be concerned . I am still under warranty for another 9 months . 
Thanks 

1) This is normal. It usually happens either when the hybrid Battery needs to be charged and also when the engine and coolant are cold. In this last case the high rev can last for few minutes, this brings the temperature of the engine and coolant at the best level and also heats the catalytic converter to the correct temperature and gets rid of the condensation built up in the exhaust system at low temperatures.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links