Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's the first thing to do when taking delivery of '22 UX?

Hi Peter! 

For me, the first thing I'd do is go into the auto lights sensitivity screen and lower it to '-2' - which is the lowest setting. The factory default/'o' setting I feel is wayyyy over-sensitive in my humble opinion - to the point mine was putting dipped headlights on whilst simply going under road bridges or passing close to a few buildings or trees. 

Mine has spent almost all of it's life in 'eco' mode, too. There's still enough power there for me, personally. The only thing I miss is the rev-counter of the sport mode, which I wish could also feature in 'eco' mode. I've never found a way to make this possible... 

When it comes to accessories, my UX was fitted with the 'adventure pro pack', which I believe is now simply referred to as the 'protection pack' but I'm willing to stand corrected on that one. That basically gives you rubber mats, a rubber boot liner and small mudflaps. The mudflaps aren't much use to be honest, but the boot liner and rubber mats have proven to be brilliant in colder, winter months.

Other than that, enjoy! 

• Like 1

I have just left everything in default. The wipers blades are by far the worst blades I've come across, so be sure to make sure yours are up to scratch. The blades from Japan on the new cars are very poor indeed, so you will proberly need to attend to this point with some new ones, not Lexus 

The mats are excellent as is the sunroof blind but do make sure this operates as intended 

the only other thing of note is that the passenger seatbelt when retracted goes behind the pillar and will then knock against the pillar which is a right pain and also the wing mirrors don't automatically retract you have to do this manually 

if you need some more advice on this and wish to purchase cheaply a fix then let me know 

overall a good car but falls short in stupid ways, which is typical for Japanese cars 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 2:18 PM, rexleonis said:

We'll be receiving a used '22 UX in few days. What should we do first in terms of settings, adjustments, accessories, whatever...? 

Read the manual at the section where there is a list of settings that can be personalized.

• Like 3

Yes Nick - I mentioned the passenger seatbelt retraction ‘quirk’ on a different thread only the other day. The buckle does have a habit of wedging itself either sideways or diagonal between the seat bolster and the plastic-covered B-pillar...which of course causes that annoying ‘rattle’ until it’s set parallel again. 

I’m on my third set of wiper blades at the front (the rear is still the original). I think I either have a minor fault on the driver’s side arm pressure or the windscreen itself, as the driver’s wiper always leaves a sweep 'smudge'.

Obvious settings that can be personalised depend on model I had a 72 reg plate for 4 months before getting my 23  reg plate and made the following notes so I could set up the new car quickly

MPG change to reset after refuel on trip meter A, I like to reset meter B manually after service so I have an idea of years milage

LTA = lane trace assist set to centre to lane

PCS = pre collision sytem adjust sensitivity down

volumes turn down/ turn off screen tap sounds

steering wheel set to tilt & Telescopic

auto headlights lights - set sensitivity to dark

dynamic radar cruise - curve speed reduction adjust to lowest

warning for over speed limit set to 3

steering out of lane warning set to nudge not vibrate

as I have an F Sport the very first thing was to turn off the ASG (stupid false engine sound generator)

its all about personal preference though at the end of the day, enjoy your UX

On 4/7/2023 at 8:50 PM, Weatherwax said:

as I have an F Sport the very first thing was to turn off the ASG (stupid false engine sound generator)

A fellow F Sport owner here...

I completely agree. It was switched on when I was driving home from the dealer (which I wasn't aware of) and after a few miles wondering what on earth that noise was, it dawned on me the sales person told me about it on the test drive of another model about a month prior! Needless to say, I pressed the button to turn it off and it's never been used since. 

It sounds a bit like a synthetic Yamaha motorbike that's constantly changing up gears! I'm sure it would appeal to some, but not for me. 

On 4/7/2023 at 12:32 PM, Gary H said:

Yes Nick - I mentioned the passenger seatbelt retraction ‘quirk’ on a different thread only the other day. The buckle does have a habit of wedging itself either sideways or diagonal between the seat bolster and the plastic-covered B-pillar...which of course causes that annoying ‘rattle’ until it’s set parallel again. 

I’m on my third set of wiper blades at the front (the rear is still the original). I think I either have a minor fault on the driver’s side arm pressure or the windscreen itself, as the driver’s wiper always leaves a sweep 'smudge'.

My previous two cars had this 'quirk' - one was an NX and that was a stretch to correct whilst driving!

On 4/5/2023 at 1:18 PM, rexleonis said:

We'll be receiving a used '22 UX in few days. What should we do first in terms of settings, adjustments, accessories, whatever...? 

Like me I see you've changed from an NX. I was stupid enough to by a brand new C-HR but after five months I too own a 2022 UX. First thing to say is that it's great to be back in a vehicle that has some degree of quality about it. Lexus seats are second to none for comfort and even the door closure sounds nice! The UX is obviously a small car compared to the NX but strangely it doesn't feel that way - until you open the boot!

Two bad things are definitely the none-auto folding side mirrors - (PM to Fourbanks on way) and the Lane Assist that makes the car feel 'wobbly'. I turn that off.

One abysmal thing is why oh why have Lexus put run-flats on this car? Smooth tarmac (10% of most journeys) the car sounds great. The other 90% of my time in the car is on Leicestershire lovely tarmac and granite chip combo roads and the tyres sound like thunder! Car is only 10 months old but I fear that new tyres are the only way to relieve my ears!

Strangely enough, I did consider a Toyota C-HR before I plumped for the UX. What put me off the C-HR was the rear cabin. I didn’t mind it up front, but it did feel distinctly ‘plasticy’ in the back. I didn’t even have to test drive it. I just knew after poking around one for about ten minutes I wouldn’t be happy with it. 

Yes, the seats in the UX are superb. Amongst some of the best I’ve had in any car I’ve owned. Also for the class/size of car, it’s incredibly well screwed together. Even just over three years on from that, these are two things I do absolutely love about the UX.

The run-flats on the UX are a bit of a ‘mixed bag’ for me. In most circumstances I’m fine with them, but they absolutely do not like bumps on motorways (I’ve felt the car ‘skit’ several times...) and indeed, they’re not the quietest on surface-dressed roads. I suspect some of that ‘roar’ is down to the fact that the rest of the car is so quiet!

29 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Strangely enough, I did consider a Toyota C-HR before I plumped for the UX. What put me off the C-HR was the rear cabin. I didn’t mind it up front, but it did feel distinctly ‘plasticy’ in the back. I didn’t even have to test drive it. I just knew after poking around one for about ten minutes I wouldn’t be happy with it. 

Yes, the seats in the UX are superb. Amongst some of the best I’ve had in any car I’ve owned. Also for the class/size of car, it’s incredibly well screwed together. Even just over three years on from that, these are two things I do absolutely love about the UX.

The run-flats on the UX are a bit of a ‘mixed bag’ for me. In most circumstances I’m fine with them, but they absolutely do not like bumps on motorways (I’ve felt the car ‘skit’ several times...) and indeed, they’re not the quietest on surface-dressed roads. I suspect some of that ‘roar’ is down to the fact that the rest of the car is so quiet!

i test drove the C-HR and for me the indicator stalk sits too high up which i didn't like. That was proberly not a Japanese built car or of design? 

Reading back I fear I have denigrated the C-HR. I shouldn't really - it's just that it didn't suit me. It was comfortable and quiet and constantly returned 60+mpg. Yes the rear cabin is 'gloomy' but was sufficiently spacious for two adults and the boot is/was bigger than the UX by a significant margin.

I just think it was a younger person's car and I just didn't feel at ease. Personal taste really.

• 2 weeks later...

My first thing I checked was the number of DAB presets you can store on the updated touchscreen info system - and it's still 6!!!!

Unless I'm doing something wrong?

I've only had a couple of short journeys since picking up Sunday but have a drive to Wales tmro and back Thursday to see how it feels and how easy the touchscreen is to use properly.

I will say the sound quality of radio does seema bit better (Comparing Prem Plus old to Prem Plus new)

2 hours ago, Beduffshirl said:

My first thing I checked was the number of DAB presets you can store on the updated touchscreen info system - and it's still 6!!!!

Unless I'm doing something wrong?

I've only had a couple of short journeys since picking up Sunday but have a drive to Wales tmro and back Thursday to see how it feels and how easy the touchscreen is to use properly.

I will say the sound quality of radio does seema bit better (Comparing Prem Plus old to Prem Plus new)

Mark I am the same as you, exchanged a premium plus for a MY23 premium plus. I haven't found a way around the six station restriction either. Regards the sound system I noticed an extra speaker grill in the boot with the new model so perhaps that's why you noticed an improvement in the sound? Cheers, Barry

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links