Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RCF owner

A while back I posted a thread looking for info on an RCF that was for sale, well, after a bit of grief getting my previous car sold I was finally able to buy it a few weeks ago and join the F Club. It turns out the previous owner is also a member here, so it's nice that it's staying in the forum family.

I've previously mostly owned BMWs, my last car being an M2 which I absolutely loved, but I just had the itch to try something new and having never owned a car with a V8 I feel like now is the time to own one while it's still possible. It came down to a Mustang vs the RCF, but in the end the RCF won as it just felt like the more special car.

It already came with a Quicksilver exhaust and the wheels powder coated in a darker shade, I think the only other mods I'll be looking to do for the moment are some spacers to make the wheels fill the arches a little better, and a de-chrome.

Great to finally have some good weather this weekend to properly appreciate it!

20230408_170646.jpg

20230408_170432.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum and RCF ownership, I'm sure you'll enjoy RCF ownership and you have the most important extra, an aftermarket exhaust so you can enjoy that V8 sound fully.

13 hours ago, James605 said:

A while back I posted a thread looking for info on an RCF that was for sale, well, after a bit of grief getting my previous car sold I was finally able to buy it a few weeks ago and join the F Club. It turns out the previous owner is also a member here, so it's nice that it's staying in the forum family.

I've previously mostly owned BMWs, my last car being an M2 which I absolutely loved, but I just had the itch to try something new and having never owned a car with a V8 I feel like now is the time to own one while it's still possible. It came down to a Mustang vs the RCF, but in the end the RCF won as it just felt like the more special car.

It already came with a Quicksilver exhaust and the wheels powder coated in a darker shade, I think the only other mods I'll be looking to do for the moment are some spacers to make the wheels fill the arches a little better, and a de-chrome.

Great to finally have some good weather this weekend to properly appreciate it!

20230408_170646.jpg

20230408_170432.jpg

Welcome to the club!  Try not to compare the car too much with the M2 as they are different animals designed to meet different requirements.

Not much is going the drive like an M2 so don’t be disappointed if it’s not quite as engaging!

The V8 is amazing however, certainly in my opinion the bit that makes it feel special!  

6 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Welcome to the club!  Try not to compare the car too much with the M2 as they are different animals designed to meet different requirements.

Not much is going the drive like an M2 so don’t be disappointed if it’s not quite as engaging!

The V8 is amazing however, certainly in my opinion the bit that makes it feel special!  

Yeah they're very different cars but different is what I was looking for, it was getting a bit stale going from one BMW to the next every couple of years.

The V8 definitely adds a lot to the experience. With the M2 I always found it was a brilliant car on the occasions when you can push it hard, but 90% of the time it didn't feel too different to driving around in a base 1 Series. With the RCF you've always got the V8 rumbling away, makes any drive more interesting 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links