Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

15 minutes ago, painter said:

Could anyone confirm that the NX350h comes with a toolkit ie jack, towing eye, wheel brace ? The reason why there is none in the boot area of mine nx350h takumi.

I think you will find that your vehicle, like mine, has run flat tyres. These allow driving when flat at up to 50mph for approx 50 miles.  Therefore no spare tyre, jack etc. provided as technically not required as expectation that should the unfortunate puncture occur you are able to drive to a tyre outlet for repair/replacement.  Should you not be able to drive the car then recovery is required.

Also Lexus vehicles with cvt should not be towed but placed on a low loader.

44 minutes ago, painter said:

Thanks Eggie for your reply but,your comment on not being towed my previous nx300h had a towing eye.

I guess worst case they may need to be winched onto a trailer.

Any automatic car cannot be towed with the driven wheels in contact with the road. In the past when my auto Mondeo needed towing (by the AA) the driven wheels were lifted on a cradle and the rears placed on a bogie trolley which was towed behind the AA recovery van, and the Ford indeed had a towing eye etc etc.

Both the GS cars in the family likewise have towing eyes the h has a spare and the F has a tyre repair kit and jack although I have purchased a road hero space saver for the F as I don't like the thought of being stranded with a flat tyre.

My 450h+ has 18" wheels; these are not run flat but the car is supplied with a kit should I experience a puncture (I think it squirts a sealant into the tyre via the inflation valve to seal the puncture, and a gas to inflate the tyre). No jack or wheel brace was provided with the car, which I find extremely annoying. So much so that I bought myself one of each. A towing eye is provided; perhaps in case I need to tow someone else rather than be towed myself?

28 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

My 450h+ has 18" wheels; these are not run flat but the car is supplied with a kit should I experience a puncture (I think it squirts a sealant into the tyre via the inflation valve to seal the puncture, and a gas to inflate the tyre). No jack or wheel brace was provided with the car, which I find extremely annoying. So much so that I bought myself one of each. A towing eye is provided; perhaps in case I need to tow someone else rather than be towed myself?

How hard is it to get a hold of a kit? My next set if tires will probably not be runflats (and the winter tires are already not runflats).

1 hour ago, Gerge said:

How hard is it to get a hold of a kit? My next set if tires will probably not be runflats (and the winter tires are already not runflats).

I didn't buy the pieces as a kit. The wheel brace came from Lidl and the scissor jack came off the Internet after research. It is important to get one with the correct lifting capacity at the height of the vehicle (a scissor jack has a lower capacity when nearly folded). Obviously it also needs to have sufficient height to lift the wheel off the ground. I also wanted it small enough when folded to fit in the underfloor compartment. Be careful, there are many cheap, poorly engineered chinese jacks that i wouldnt trust my precious car on. Mine cost £40, I didn't price up a genuine Lexus one but that would have been a sensible thing to do.

48 minutes ago, painter said:

From all of the comments I shall contact my Lexus centre where I purchased the car an ask for a price and wait for a silly price .

Do anyone have the product code for the Lexus tire inflation kit that is included with models  with 18” wheels?

Another 'tool' that you will probably need is a wheel peg.

For those not sure what this is, it's a peg about 10cm (4") long with a 14mm x 1.5mm thread at one end. When removing a wheel, one of the wheel bolts is temporarily replaced with the peg to help you locate the wheel and line up the rest of the wheel bolts. Of course, the peg is removed once the wheel is located and replaced with the final wheel bolt. The tyre/wheel combination is heavy and it would be very hard to locate the bolts without the peg.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links