Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX450h+ change of primary driver

I recently bought a 3-month-old NX450h+. Quite pleased with the car, but there is one issue. The car still shows the original purchaser, and he is listed as the Primary Driver. I can only get on as a secondary driver or guest. Does anyone have some insight into how I can remove the original owner and replace him with my details? I took the car to my local Lexus Centre today, but apart from giving it a good wash, they didn’t achieve anything at all. 3 hours of my life I won’t be getting back. -: )

11 hours ago, Pat_D said:

I recently bought a 3-month-old NX450h+. Quite pleased with the car, but there is one issue. The car still shows the original purchaser, and he is listed as the Primary Driver. I can only get on as a secondary driver or guest. Does anyone have some insight into how I can remove the original owner and replace him with my details? I took the car to my local Lexus Centre today, but apart from giving it a good wash, they didn’t achieve anything at all. 3 hours of my life I won’t be getting back. -: )

This YT Video discusses this topic and shows two ways to delete / remove previous driver profiles.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately neither method will work if the currently signed in driver is not the Primary Driver. I was extremely fortunate to persuade the previous owner to disclose his password and the car now actually belongs to me! Lexus did not help at all, most disappointed with that. The customer service helpline just kept hanging up on me after around 2 mins in the queue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 8:14 PM, Pat_D said:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately neither method will work if the currently signed in driver is not the Primary Driver. I was extremely fortunate to persuade the previous owner to disclose his password and the car now actually belongs to me! Lexus did not help at all, most disappointed with that. The customer service helpline just kept hanging up on me after around 2 mins in the queue.

Would that be Lexus at Tunbridge Wells by any chance?   We have found them totally useless on any issue with the perverse software on the 450NX.  They just bleat 'you'll have to contact the tech helpline' and last time I did that they effectively said 'yes it doesn't work but we've decided it's not a priority so won't be fixing it'

As to the problem of primary driver we found it kept allocating the wrong driver but did find it relatively easy to reallocate the primary driver using the App and centre display. 

There is also the My Lexus portal for owned cars which IIRC lets you change owner if you have the log book info and VIN  

https://www.lexus.co.uk/customer/portal#/tiles/ownedCars 

FWIW we now use one primary driver profile that links to both keys and that just about seems to work.  Having individual driver profiles never worked as their software can't accept that sometimes both drivers are in the car both with their car keys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links