Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

IS300h Wipers

Hi guys, I bought the car few days ago and i just noticed wipers work only on a fast mode... is the issiue what i coudl fix my self or i soudl go to the service ? or i`m just beeing ultra thick and i dont know how to turn on wipers ? 

Thanks.

How are you using the wipers?

If its just for a sweep pulling the stalk towards you it will be a quick sweep.

If its to clear rain you just push the stalk down once slowest setting & fully down for quick sweeps.

You can adjust the speed sensetivity on the stalk for the auto wipe.

(Apology if I have this wrong quite a few cars in the family cant see it being miles out) 

20230420_125636.thumb.jpg.1e6e8c10422cdccc17236481aab452aa.jpg

20230420_125248.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Hi Mazo

I experienced a similar problem on my 2013 is300h - whilst driving on the motorway in heavy rain the wipers just decided to stop working all together. 
To say I panicked is a bit of an understatement - I was touching cloth!

A quick fumble around with the stalk got the wipers working again but only at full speed and when I turned them off they just stopped where they were and did not return to the bottom of the windscreen. Lexus in Leeds were fantastic and traced the issue to a faulty relay which was replaced under the Lexus Relax warranty. 
Hopefully your issue is also a faulty relay. 
Good luck

• Like 1

Thanks for answers guys, after what You said it came out i`m not that thick... heheh

I have the same issiue what Tronix quote, then nothing else left like go to te Lexus, my is 07/2013 and 90k it still shoudl be on Lexus relax warranty ?

17 minutes ago, mazo said:

Thanks for answers guys, after what You said it came out i`m not that thick... heheh

I have the same issiue what Tronix quote, then nothing else left like go to te Lexus, my is 07/2013 and 90k it still shoudl be on Lexus relax warranty ?

If reg date is July 2013 your within 10 years if its been maintained by Lexus, I think they cover upto 10 year old or 100,000 miles.

If your quick / smart about it get your Final service in before it reaches July the 10 year date. When they service it they should offer a 1 year warranty under the relax scheme. You should be safe not much goes wrong on these, waterpump, wheel bearings, brakes wear & tear items really. After that you have the option to take out the extended warranty speak to your local main dealership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers once again, i`ll do that, how much is it more less ? to do 10k and 20k service in lexus ??

EDIT: ok no qestion, just red about that in other post. Cheers!!

33 minutes ago, mazo said:

Cheers once again, i`ll do that, how much is it more less ? to do 10k and 20k service in lexus ??

Look on the Lexus website for prices.

Its usually around £355 for intermediate 10k service or £580 for a full service due every 20k.

I just did a major DIY service under £290 using Genuine lexus parts, same service cost would have been £580 from a main dealer.

(Yes I am fully aware doing DIY doesnt come with a Hybrid health or warranty but how many owners claim for any repairs under warranty? I'd assume not alot these cars are robust & in my opinion it just doesnt justify or warrant the cost due to the low probability of it going wrong) providing its maintained you generally will not see any trouble, + im not afraid of undertaking bit of maintenance getting your hands dirty its actually rewarding. To add never been challenged by a buyer come resale as I have full breakdown of genuine parts invoices.

+ Lexus dont clean your Hybrid fan/filter on the service that incurs a separate cost.& certain dealers skimp on differential fluid change. They can charge a fair bit but miss out on mandatory maintenance. 

If it was a BMW/MERC without a question l'd be taking warranty out, since the failure rate on these cars is low its reassuring. However the problem is when one major issue does occur your on your own. I chance it & put the saved the dollar towards other treats I.E a set of other items required. tyres, accessories - mudguards, tints rubber boot liner, pressure washer, etc

Enjoy your new car it doesnt matter where its it maintained as long as its done properly! 

p.s watching the youtube channel carcarenut doesnt help as he has me addicted to the proactive 'maintenance schedule' 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mazo said:

EDIT: ok no qestion, just red about that in other post. Cheers!!

If your last service was not at an official lexus dealer then you are not covered under warranty.

If you service it at a Lexus dealer now to get warranty and you declare that the wiper is malfunctioning then they will not cover it under warranty as the relax warranty terms do not cover pre-existing faults. The warranty itself activates roughly a month after the service. Even if you dont declare it they might find it when running their checks as part of the service. But you can take your chances if you wish to but you will be stuck with faulty wipers for at least a month more and will have to go back pretending this fault is new and wasn't there before. 

A minor service which is only oil change and checks is ~£350 and a major service which includes a few other things like brake oil, differential oil, air filters etc will cost you ~550.

Frankly i think just get it done at a reputed local garage. As i am not sure the warranty covers you for 1 year/10k miles after the service even if your car is over 10 years old as someone else suggested. Maybe clarify this with Lexus. My understanding is it expires at 10 years or 100k regardless of when you had it last serviced, which in your case will be july this year. So might not be worth spending so much for few months of warranty. 

• Like 1

I had same issue on my car. I replaced both wiper relays number 15 here below. It works just fine now.

http://japan-parts.eu/EU/1/84E284B.png

Original Toyota reference is 90987-04004. Bosch has it as 0986AH0307

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links