Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First feedback with NX450H+

First serious journey with 270 km including 230 of motorways...
The car and I are just getting used to it, so it's a case of "qui va piano va sano".
The weather wasn't great but the traffic flowed smoothly so it was ideal for testing the adaptive cruise control, lane keeping, lane changing assistance...and the accuracy of the speedometer.
Start with 4 passenger, trunk quite full (with its first plants). The Battery is half charged and once on the A14 motorway I switch to hybrid mode to conserve energy for my final stretch of road.
Driving behaviour:
It steers a little less well than the Passat which was longer but all in all it makes up for it in urban driving. Not too big a gap in width and the higher stance helps.
The steering is sufficiently consistent in normal mode and it's in keeping with the car's mass for me. No unnecessary effort but I feel the direct link to the wheels...in short a natural and pleasant feeling.
There is a recovery, even if it is true that for an old DSG driver, the sensation is fundamentally different and even surprising. The take-off at the toll booth is a joy.
No worries on the hilly and slightly turning part of the A13 Motorway (Paris --> Normandy), it drives at least as well as the Passat in "normal" mode
A bit of road noise on average roads but no more than with my previous self-sealing tires .
Driving aids
Finally the HUD helps well and the logic is very similar to VAG's. I will soon get used to the ergonomics.
However, the lane-keeping system coupled with the capacitive steering wheel and the lane change assistant is clearly a step above the Passat (which was already very good)... It's great on a  motorway with light traffic
The lane-change assist didn't surprise or bother me on a country road.
Passenger feedback
Very positive. Wife took advantage of it to sleep in the cool of the night
Consumption: headwind , at 120 kph regulator (118 real), rain, 4 PAX, a small 6.5l per 100 and the end of Battery on the last kilometers

In one word : Delighted
Currently charging, some points of progress noted:
- a longer type 1 cable, the one delivered is nice but short (order a 12 m long model after block it will be more practical)
- have the electrician connect the reinforced socket (he installed it and the secondary panel but did not connect anything...)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

First pit stop

5,5 liter per 100 km or

51 Mpg (imperial)

43 Mpg (US)

pretty good for this big boy with 65% motorway 30% b roads and 5% city driving

• Like 3

First windshield washer refill

Seems that the dealership missed the "fill washer" step in the pre delivery check list as I had the alert message on my way back to Paris (after less than 10 uses of the windshield washer).

I can now testify that :

• The alert system works fine
  • You can add 4,5 l or 1 imperial Gallon or 1.2 US Gallon of washer when it goes on 
  • The refill is pretty easy (much easier than on my Panda and on par with my ex Passat)
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Just switched to an aftermarket (non OEM)  puddle lamp, a real upgrade from the original one LED setup .

A one minute plug and play job 

• Like 6

Thanks for the lamp idea, who knew! Just looked it up on YouTube and as you say plug and play and it makes a big difference to lighting the boot area.

Just went through the one hour course "Lexus Electrified" that Lexus France "offers" to its business customers.
Rather interesting for 1st time Toyota / Lexus hybrid drivers.
They use and OBD device connected to a driving analysis software.

You drive your own car on an open road circular trip for around fifteen minutes
15 minutes debrief / advices
You repeat the trip putting in practice the advices 
15 minutes final debrief + a few red tape stuff

Pretty much a coaching session on the "pulse & glide".

• Like 4

9 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Useless therefore essential

Branded tire valves caps

spacer.png

I'd be very wary in using these as some after market non OEM valve caps are prone to corroding and therefore become difficult to remove without damaging the valve.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I'd be very wary in using these as some after market non OEM valve caps are prone to corroding and therefore become difficult to remove without damaging the valve.

Thanks Ken for this advice

They seem to be nicely made (they have a nice rubber seal inside) and I am a compulsive pressure checker (even with TPMS). I do check my tire pressure almost twice a month (don't ask me why...) so I do believe I would detect any corrosion way before it seizes the valve.

I will keep my eyes peeled

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Useless therefore essential

Branded tire valves caps

spacer.png

All you are doing with your great boot light and tyre valves is costing me more even before I get my car. Carry on 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:11 AM, NiCoRe said:

spacer.png

Just switched to an aftermarket (non OEM)  puddle lamp, a real upgrade from the original one LED setup .

@NiCoRe   Just orderred one and have not even received my car yet 🤪

This is an upgrade I know will make a  difference.  Just not sure about the valve caps yet, but please keep the 'Useless therefore Essential' upgrade ideas coming. 

thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteHart said:

All you are doing with your great boot light and tyre valves is costing me more even before I get my car. Carry on 

Ahah

I followed this path a few months ago😇

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 9:11 AM, NiCoRe said:

spacer.png

Interesting. Looks 'brilliant'  - may I have the details please?

10 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

Interesting. Looks 'brilliant'  - may I have the details please?

Select 22NX model
A 5 minute job, truly plug and play. Use plastic tool to pop out the stock puddle light
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Here is a YouTube video on a NX 2022

yes this the OEM one, but it is pretty much the same 🙂 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links