Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Default screen display

My ES300H normally defaults to the Nav/Map screen - you can change it to the info screen or the audio screen displays but when you do something not sure what's triggering it, perhaps reversing when the camera comes on (or maybe other things too), then after you drive again it defaults to the Nav/Map screen - then with the fiddly touchpad, getting it back to the screen you want is a pain.

There may be other ways of getting back to the screen you want, but I have only had the car a few days and drove 50 or so miles so havent come across another way yet.

Is there a way to select the default screen - i.e. either Info or Audio?

I struggled with this - I wanted the Audio screen to be the main display but no matter what I tried Betsy wasn't having any of it. Back to Nav it went. Climate was fine, Audio no. Android Auto (or CarPlay) is your friend I'm afraid!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HotSpur-Lexus said:

My ES300H normally defaults to the Nav/Map screen - you can change it to the info screen or the audio screen displays but when you do something not sure what's triggering it, perhaps reversing when the camera comes on (or maybe other things too), then after you drive again it defaults to the Nav/Map screen - then with the fiddly touchpad, getting it back to the screen you want is a pain.

There may be other ways of getting back to the screen you want, but I have only had the car a few days and drove 50 or so miles so havent come across another way yet.

Is there a way to select the default screen - i.e. either Info or Audio?

Check the option of "auto change to screen" is turned on. This should say "auto change to map screen".  So try turning it off and see if it helps. It's in general settings.

Otherwise you need to use the smaller of the two split screen frames to show audio and keep map ls on the larger one.

Paul 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PDM said:

Check the option of "auto change to screen" is turned on. This should say "auto change to map screen".  So try turning it off and see if it helps. It's in general settings.

Otherwise you need to use the smaller of the two split screen frames to show audio and keep map ls on the larger one.

Paul 

I am sure this is what I did, mine stays on whatever the last screen was so it can be changed.
Only quirky thing mine does is revert to the map screen when I end a phone call if I am using Android auto.

Same.  Mine is set to open/default to the info screen, but if do anything else and then exit out, it exits to the map screen.

I wouldn't mind, except I never use the inbuilt navigation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links