Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

For some reason, whenever I start the car,  once the Bluetooth connection is established my music starts playing.

The phone is an Iphone and this never used to happen, it only started after I recently had to re pair the phone to the system. I've looked up any potential Iphone issues/solutions, but I'm not entirely sure it's down to the phone settings, as it doesn't autoplay when it connects to any other Bluetooth speakers.

Anyone have any idea how I can stop this happening?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

For some reason, whenever I start the car,  once the bluetooth connection is established my music starts playing.

The phone is an iPhone and this never used to happen, it only started after I recently had to re pair the phone to the system. I've looked up any potential iphone issues/solutions, but I'm not entirely sure it's down to the phone settings, as it doesn't autoplay when it connects to any other bluetooth speakers.

Anyone have any idea how I can stop this happening?

Thanks

Yep! Same with my NX300h! You do not have to turn the music on the i-phone - the car does it automatically when you select Bluetooth. No idea how to turn it off. When I press the off button on the NX it automatically stops the i-phone playing. I thought it was a neat trick!

16 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Yep! Same with my NX300h! You do not have to turn the music on the i-phone - the car does it automatically when you select Bluetooth. No idea how to turn it off. When I press the off button on the NX it automatically stops the i-phone playing. I thought it was a neat trick!

David, are  you saying that yours only starts when you select Bluetooth,  or when you start the car? I'd live with the former, but the latter is happening for me.

You have given me an idea though. Perhaps my audio is set to start in Bluetooth mode when I turn the car on, so I'll try fiddling with that and see if that's the cause.

1 minute ago, Bluemarlin said:

David, are  you saying that yours only starts when you select Bluetooth,  or when you start the car? I'd live with the former, but the latter is happening for me.

You have given me an idea though. Perhaps my audio is set to start in bluetooth mode when I turn the car on, so I'll try fiddling with that and see if that's the cause.

Yes - when I select Bluetooth as the source, the MAIN i-phone connected is turned on and plays music automatically.  Just turning the car on does not start the music on the phone.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links