Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Engine oil type for 2023 300h

taxiboy

Does It Not tell you in The Car Manual Tony ? And Why would you want to top up Oil On Such a New car..Just let the Dealership Service Check that when in  for its annual Service ..If its not in the manual just give lexus a ring and they will tell you the exact type of oil for your Car.!!!!  you could try Google..!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Does It Not tell you in The Car Manual Tony ? And Why would you want to top up Oil On Such a New car..Just let the Dealership Service Check that when in  for its annual Service ..If its not in the manual just give lexus a ring and they will tell you the exact type of oil for your Car.!!!!  you could try Google..!!

Thank you for your reply. We are planning a trip to France soon and I recall on a number of occasions that the oil light came up on our cars so thought it would be good to put a lt of the correct oil in the boot, just in case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taxiboy said:

Tony My Friend.. Your such a Worrier..Its Highly Doubtful That You Will Be topping up your engine oil During a trip to France In Such a Prestige car ..But If you think its Really Necessary Buy a cheaper quart of oil Just in case....I Take it you have made Room in the Lexus For The Kitchen Sink..!!! lol Spend the £34 on fuel...!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taxiboy said:

You're looking in the wrong place:

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-0w16-engine-oil-1l/ discounted form £33.20 to £19.92 for a litre

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-0w16-engine-oil-5l/ special offer £67.90 for 5L

Ignore the images the text and part numbers are correct

I've driven from here in Lancashire all the way to Germany, twice. It's now at ~19k. I haven't had to top up. As long as you observe/have observed the break in period (no full throttles, vary engine speed...etc.) you should be fine.

• Like 2

Tony if your Lexus was brand new it might use a small amount of oil. As every thing beds in.

my local Lexus / Toyota dealer sold me a litre of the correct oil just in case.

I needed about 150 ml after about 2000miles to bring it up to the full mark on the dippy stick.

1 hour ago, Julncamp54 said:

Tony if your Lexus was brand new it might use a small amount of oil. As every thing beds in.

my local Lexus / Toyota dealer sold me a litre of the correct oil just in case.

I needed about 150 ml after about 2000miles to bring it up to the full mark on the dippy stick.

133k miles on my 2014 IS 300h and I've never topped up the oil between services yet. Unless there is a problem with the car or reaching very high mileages shouldn't be an issue. If an emergency top up is needed then an oil closest matching the spec won't do any harm. And it's OK for the oil on the dipstick to sit anywhere between min and max - doesn't have to bang on max - in fact an engine should never be overfilled. If I do ever have to top up any car I've always aimed for mid way between min and max. 

Running mine in carefully I noticed the oil go from max on the dipstick to slightly below max at around 500 miles approx, it did not need oil adding as still very close to max but it did move. Oil level has not moved since. On another note I actually find this A25 Dynamic Force engine a little noisy especially when cold compared to older Toyota\Lexus hybrid engines.

I find checking the dipstick on mine quite inconvenient. The level should be assessed when the engine is warm but not hot nor cold. So a ten minute trip and then check park on level ground to check. I avoid ten minute trips so try and remember to do it occasionally after having a cup of tea when back at home by which stage things have cooled off.

I’m interested to know if engine cold/warm/hot actually shows a level difference?

12 minutes ago, Sandandlime said:

I find checking the dipstick on mine quite inconvenient. The level should be assessed when the engine is warm but not hot nor cold. So a ten minute trip and then check park on level ground to check. I avoid ten minute trips so try and remember to do it occasionally after having a cup of tea when back at home by which stage things have cooled off.

I’m interested to know if engine cold/warm/hot actually shows a level difference?

The reason for the advice is to let the oil drain back down all the passageways and into the sump after the engine has been running to get an accurate reading based on how the dip stick was calibrated. It shouldn't be checked with the engine hot as if it looks low one may overfill the engine with oil which is not good. Checking cold is generally ok though - so long as the oil is somewhere between max and mid way between min and max then all would be fine. If below the mid point probably worth checking it again when the engine has warmed a bit and then decide then whether any oil is needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

The reason for the advice is to let the oil drain back down all the passageways and into the sump after the engine has been running to get an accurate reading based on how the dip stick was calibrated. It shouldn't be checked with the engine hot as if it looks low one may overfill the engine with oil which is not good. Checking cold is generally ok though - so long as the oil is somewhere between max and mid way between min and max then all would be fine. If below the mid point probably worth checking it again when the engine has warmed a bit and then decide then whether any oil is needed.

Spot on Phil

• Thanks 2

Do not understand why they did not add a mark on the dipstick for checking when cold. Too many variables is the engine warm or hot, has it all drained back? This A25 engine warms up very fast, all far too subjective the content in the owners manual for checking.

• Thanks 1

Another line for cold would be a damn good idea and, apparently, simple too. Why complicate a dipstick?

i have other cars of 50 to 75 years old that use 20W60 and yeah that takes time to flow to the sump from the top of the engine. I changed the oil in my TR a couple of weeks ago and had a cup of tea before adding the last litre’ish. When I checked after tea break, a good 20 minutes, the level was spot on.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links