Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which electric cars are IS 300h owners buying?

9 hours ago, javadude said:

I just meant more affordable than the RZ 😢

I am sure they can make actual car which costs the same as Tesla, but is actually drivable reliable and door trims are in single lien and not literally half-inch out of line. It won't be "affordable" (depending  on definition), but it would be worth the cost. 

It is hard to argue what actually "affordable" means. In my mind anything under £20k new should be considered "affordable", then perhaps £20-45k would be mainstream and anything above that "premium/luxury"... most of current EVs are ~£35k+ so they are not affordable and are generally towards the really top of mainstream. I do believe BEVs under £20k are possible, BEVs towards lower end of mainstream should be more common, but Lexus is not the company to deliver it... and RZ for £65k+ is honestly madness, but I cannot see anything that Lexus could deliver to the market under £45k... perhaps LBX, but I have my own thought about that as well.

Just adding my experience- I just ordered a model 3. I love Lexus but my current car is getting too old and I don’t like the whole SUV-heavy lineup Lexus is pushing. I would buy another IS, especially if it were electric or at least plug in. Closest I could find to it with proper range was the model 3. And I actually found that to have less wind noise than my 2013 is300h. 

On 5/13/2023 at 4:51 PM, PaulWhitt20 said:

Well I’d like an electric IS, I like the idea of an EV and it would suit my driving needs 90 % of the time. But am not keen on the SUV designs. It would have to be reliable, well built and reasonably priced. 
I am tempted by the UX but I could only see it as a short term car for a few years. I don’t think I could fall in love with it. Not sure I could bring myself to part ex the IS for one. So I’ll stick with my IS until Lexus or Honda do an EV saloon or hatchback for sensible money. It may be a while. 

There is an EV Lexus saloon coming 2024/5.

I wonder if this is the IS replacement 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rayaans said:

There is an EV Lexus saloon coming 2024/5.

I wonder if this is the IS replacement 

Test mule looked more like ES... although that may not be a bad thing... as my main gripe with ES is the FWD... if the made electric ES with RWD/AWD it probably would be okey... still too big for my liking, but I am sure there are plenty of people for whom it would be just fine.

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Test mule looked more like ES... although that may not be a bad thing... as my main gripe with ES is the FWD... if the made electric ES with RWD/AWD it probably would be okey... still too big for my liking, but I am sure there are plenty of people for whom it would be just fine.

Potentially.

They were testing it with the Direct4 system on the RX so likely 4WD

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links