Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Insurance Problems

Afternoon folks. I’m not sure if this is the right place to be asking about insurance, but here goes:

My current insurers are Toyota and for me it’s the most reasonably priced insurance product on the market. Last week, having researched the usual search engines for a better product, I came up with nothing as reasonable as Toyota. So, I completed the usual Toyota on line form and submitted my payment, using my credit card. 

The following came up on my screen: Sage Pay, internal server error - code: 5006, followed by: error description “Unable to redirect to Vendor’s web site. The Vendor failed to provide a RedirectionURL.

I called Toyota immediately and one of their staff tried my card and told me the same internal error had happened with him. Advised to all my bank, I did. Unfortunately their call centre is based in India and it was difficult to hear the operator as there was so much background noise going on in the call centre. However, I was advised that the payment was pending. Well, that was last Thursday and other card payments have successfully been added to my Visa account since then. I’m baffled as to what the problem is, as  I’ve plenty of available funds.

Thing is, my credit card was successfully used last year withToyota, but not this.

If anybody has experienced a similar problem, I’d much appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks in advance.

Definitely an issue with their systems and not your card. I’m surprised they haven’t faced issues their side with every other customer. Their integration with Sage has broken down somewhere.

Might be worth trying another debit or credit card to prove to them it’s not your card.

You can't do anything about it so don't worry about it.

I'm not sure if it's a coding issue in the programming of the vendor website (Toyota?) or SagePay's website, but either way it is a coding issue on a server so their guys are the only ones who can sort it.

Thanks gents. It’s not something that I can ever remember experiencing. My thoughts too, that if it happens to me, then it must happen to others. Guess I will just have to wait until tomorrow to start making calls. Oddly enough, when I first opened up the new Toyota renewal page, I was immediately sent a warning from apple that this might be a scam. Shock, horror!! I know for certain that it’s a genuine company, back in March they replaced my windscreen with a Lexus part. 

Toyota get scathing reviews from their insured customers,  but  I had no problems with them. My only beef is that they’d increased their renewal premium by £123.00, but even that is better than their competitors.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

How much has your renovation come for?

I was outraged today as it's over a thousand quid.... I mean, I'm over 40 and quite a few years of licence.... is this normal? last year wasnt anywhere near that much!

14 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

How much has your renovation come for?

I was outraged today as it's over a thousand quid.... I mean, I'm over 40 and quite a few years of licence.... is this normal? last year wasnt anywhere near that much!

What percentage was that? Mine went up 37% when it renewed in April (absolutely no changes from the previous year) and despite checking the comparison sites I couldn't get it any cheaper. I strongly suspect the relatively high number of thefts of Lexus vehicles of late are fueling these large increases. 

6 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

What percentage was that? Mine went up 37% when it renewed in April (absolutely no changes from the previous year) and despite checking the comparison sites I couldn't get it any cheaper. I strongly suspect the relatively high number of thefts of Lexus vehicles of late are fueling these large increases. 

oh wow 37% is terrible....  I don't think there is a lot of demand for the IS300h in the theft market (touch wood), i thik it's more the RX's and the like
However, it is hard for me to calculate a percentage because I changed cars in November.

But yes all in all, a significant increase.... Tomorrow I will check the comparisons and see if there is something. Any advice? Any comparison sites that may be better or insurers that aren't on them?

1 minute ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

oh wow 37% is terrible....  I don't think there is a lot of demand for the IS300h in the theft market (touch wood), i thik it's more the RX's and the like
However, it is hard for me to calculate a percentage because I changed cars in November.

But yes all in all, a significant increase.... Tomorrow I will check the comparisons and see if there is something. Any advice? Any comparison sites that may be better or insurers that aren't on them?

Yes - haven't seen any older IS 300h targeted for thefts but insurers are probably lumping together all Lexus models as at more risk - good excuse to squeeze more money out of us whether or not we are really at higher risk... Only advice I have is to use the comparison sites. I've tried a few over the years and they seem much the same. I now use just one as all our details are in there so it's quick to run comparisons for little effort. I didn't investigate insurance companies not on the comparison sites because in the past when I've done that I haven't found them as being any more competitive and the time taken to fill out all the details one by one on their websites takes way too much time... 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Having problems renewing my Lexus insurance most of the insurance companies are now refusing to cover Lexus vehicles as they are high on the thief shopping list and easy to steal.

17 minutes ago, Cleme said:

Having problems renewing my Lexus insurance most of the insurance companies are now refusing to cover Lexus vehicles as they are high on the thief shopping list and easy to steal.

What post code area do you fall under?

Surprised to read this if its happening nationwide its business end of the day for them increasing premium is one thing but to refuse to insure leaves us in a dilemma. Nobody will want to buy these either if thats the case potentially impacting the  strong resale value Lexus is known for. 

On 5/21/2023 at 3:08 PM, Tony1452 said:

Afternoon folks. I’m not sure if this is the right place to be asking about insurance, but here goes:

My current insurers are Toyota and for me it’s the most reasonably priced insurance product on the market. Last week, having researched the usual search engines for a better product, I came up with nothing as reasonable as Toyota. So, I completed the usual Toyota on line form and submitted my payment, using my credit card. 

The following came up on my screen: Sage Pay, internal server error - code: 5006, followed by: error description “Unable to redirect to Vendor’s web site. The Vendor failed to provide a RedirectionURL.

I called Toyota immediately and one of their staff tried my card and told me the same internal error had happened with him. Advised to all my bank, I did. Unfortunately their call centre is based in India and it was difficult to hear the operator as there was so much background noise going on in the call centre. However, I was advised that the payment was pending. Well, that was last Thursday and other card payments have successfully been added to my Visa account since then. I’m baffled as to what the problem is, as  I’ve plenty of available funds.

Thing is, my credit card was successfully used last year withToyota, but not this.

If anybody has experienced a similar problem, I’d much appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks in advance.

TONY....  It does make you Wonder What there service would be LIKE if you ever Had to make a Claim...And i know Toyota is a BIG company But if they cant even get The part of Paying for Your Car Insurance RIGHT Then what kind of Treatment are you going to get WHEN you make a Claim..Personnaly i would go Elsewhere Even if you do have to pay a bit More..  My Opinion Only..Of course..!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links