Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My trip to Lexus Edinburgh

Hi everyone have made it down in fairly good time (6 hours instead of google 5 hours). Had to stop twice for comfort stops. Had numerous road works to contend with plus motorhomes and caravans to over take. Cruised at speed limit as far too many average speed cameras south of Aviemore. My average mpg is 34.2 mpg as shown in photo. Lexus claim 35mpg as best you could get. Very impressive considering part of journey was not very fuel efficient and Scottish hills are known for a long climb up them. On one of my comfort stops I met a LS400 coming in opposite direction to me got a pleasant surprise when he waved at me 🙂. Must be lexus thing waving at other owners/drivers. 

20230606_161751.jpg

• Like 3

Return trip from Edinburgh was far from smooth. First off went to fill up fuel tank. At filling station could not get fuel filler flap open. So back to lexus to get it sorted. Nice technican eventually got it open. Have a weak spring on flap. Got the official temporary fix from lexus for fuel filler flap. A folded sponge scourer 🤔. Technician was very down to earth and told me that all the technicians wanted to have a look at it and take for a test drive. Mileage amazed them as they have never seen a lexus with this much mileage on clock. Also it very nice inside and out. Went off to fill up and started journey home. Massive queue to get on to the new Forth bridge. About 10 miles from Perth had a strange feeling coming from car. In services at Perth I went to check wheel nuts. At least 3 nuts on every wheel were very loose. Foresight before I left I put my usual box of essential road trip items in boot. Which included a torque wrench. Wheels tighten up and away up the A9. When I got of forth bridge a merc was along side so I decided to how good the acceration is on a LS430. It didn't disappoint but merc was C class AMG 65? 5.5 supercharged engine. Could hear the supercharger whine. Gave up at 70mph ? trying to keep up with it.  Then met several drivers who have no clue about the highway code. Made it a nightmare to follow them. Too much traffic heading south to attempt any form of over taking. At inverness checked wheel nuts again only a couple needed tightening again. Rest of trip was uneventful. Only managed 32.6mpg on return trip. Still good mpg considering type of road and driving "style" of other drivers. Noticed on way back that exhaust was quieter not sure how as it was never touched at lexus. Have single pipe from front Y section and a big bore rear silencer. Sound is far from intrusive, not sure how it sounds from outside. Ball joints get a price for them and fitting. Did notice that rear tyres have got quite low tread depth and wrong speed spec. Have 150mph tyres instead of 150+ mph tyres. Means a visit to local tyre guru. What he doesn't know about tyres is not worth knowing. 

those wheel nuts not being secured was very very amiss of the technician .....  lucky your petrol cap misbehaved eh !

So how many miles back to home territory ?

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links