Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Lower Arm Poly Polyurethane Bushings

PLaw8

Hi,

Has anyone used Front Lower Arm Poly Polyurethane Bushings on an LS430 supplied by a company in Bournemouth called PSB (Problem solving bushings).

Lexus dealer has quoted over £1,000, but actually stated I may find cheaper Polyurethane bushes elsewhere. 

Here is the link to their page , https://psbushings.co.uk/product/2-x-lexus-ls-430-new-front-lower-arm-poly-polyurethane-psb-bushings-2001-2006/

Hope someone can advise if they are a quality product and worth using.

Many thanks, Peter

On Amayama's website there are various options for complete arms, but the prices shown will be subject to VAT and duty, although should still end up cheaper than buying them through the dealer, although obviously they won't fit them!

Amayama also list Febest bushings, which is obviously much cheaper. I am assuming that as Amayama are listing them that is some sort of endorsement, but I could be wrong. Also, it seems that Febest are pretty much the only supplier for separate rubber bushings as far as I can tell 

As I understand it all bushings supplied by PSB have a hardness rating of 90ShA, which MIGHT be harder than the original rubber/steel bushing and so possibly affect the ride. However. poly bushings are easier to fit and allegedly last longer.

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/4864050050

I've just noticed that the delivery prices are to Malaysia, where I am on holiday at the moment. Sometimes a smart phone is just TOO smart for it's own good!

• 1 month later...

No Malc, not yet.

I just had an offside rear hub assembly replaced (Car is running like new again) and the mechanic (Local garage in Newcastle) reckoned the bushes are OK, although Lexus dealer said they needed replacing.....

• Like 1

when and if you do get around to doing them with poly stuff then do keep us posted .....  it might be an option whenever mine ....  and others .....  bushings need refreshing

If your local mechanic is also the MOT guy then I would go with his view rather than the Main Dealer that maybe just wants lots of your spare ££££

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

Everything I've read about poly on LS's have all commented on more NVH. 

For some it was fine and a welcome improvement (usually combined with coilovers etc), for others it took away from the levels of comfort they were used to, and they either did switch to oem or wanted to.

I haven't read once that it was the same as oem.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 8:12 PM, Paul Brooksbank said:

Which ones did you fit?

The ones from PSB, I purchased the whole set but only had the main upper suspension arms fitted due to the needs of last years MOT

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links