Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting a dash-cam to a 2008 IS250 SE-L

I've done a search but couldn't find anything relevant, so forgive me if I've missed something. :unsure:

In my last car I fitted a dash-cam and ran the cable down behind the A-pillar trim, making for a neat installation. I'm reluctant to start pulling the plastic trim out of the Lexus [just in case something snaps/breaks as the plastic cover looks to be very tight to the screen.....], and my proposed solution is to run the cable along the top of the screen, then down close to the A-pillar. To secure it I have small, clear plastic clips into which the cable will fit and hopefully be unobtrusive.

Anyone got a better fix? Pics would be good to show results., if available, Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.  :hug:

Most of the plastic trims you can easily pop out and route the cable without needing anything extra to secure it. Surprisingly on Lexus clips rarely breaks and further you don't need to fully remove any pieces. 

I just fitted dash cam into GS300, but I have done a lot of work on IS250 as well (like removing whole dash)... so on IS250 my approach would be simply to push the cable behind the roof liner (it is soft and has no clips in the front, so just squeze the cable behind it and it should stay there), then pop the A-pillar cover which pops about 15mm out and stays attached with plastic hook (you need to pull it firmly at the top, but with brain), route the cable behind that, finally pop open side of dash cover, which pops easily and that should get you down to fusebox for hardwire kit. To clip everything back - just alight the clips and give them the light tap to get them back in place ("light" I guess it relative term).

If you want to reach to cig lighter instead of hardwire kit, then I would go further and remove door sill cover, again it pops easily and over dozen time I did that I never broke any clips, then you can follow the main body harness and run the cable to ~middle of the passenger seat and route it under the seat. 

No need to pull any A pillar trim off. Simply remove the rubber door aperture at the A pillar. Run the cable in the gap you'll see.

That's what I did with my dash cam in my is250. 

Look on YouTube and you'll see for yourself how easy it is.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

No need to pull any A pillar trim off. Simply remove the rubber door aperture at the A pillar. Run the cable in the gap you'll see.

That's what I did with my dash cam in my is250. 

Look on YouTube and you'll see for yourself how easy it is.

That is much worse, A-pillar trim is extremely easy to remove and put back. The last thing you want is to muck about with door rubbers and damage them and then have leak or wind noise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links