Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yellow IS200 Appreciating / rare?

SPARKY262

Hi, I have a yellow IS 200 (Year 2002), I have repeatedly had neighbours come up and offer to buy the car from me and have been told they are going up in value. I was also told they only made 500 of the yellow ones.  Would anyone be able to provide an indication of the value (mileage 167,000)

Thank you.

Robert

Yellow is a very rare colour, for a very good reason. It's not at all popular!

If you are getting offers to buy it, bite their hand off. You could be waiting a long time for the special person who wants a high mileage, yellow IS200

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Colour and mileage does not mean much, I think more important would be to consider the condition. Yes so called "Amarilo Edition" is limited edition, if you had a car in perfect condition, low mileage, 100% original, all time garaged, then it may be worth little bit extra over standard cars. 

As complete speculation and stab in the dark - let's say absolutely perfect IS200 theoretically costs £5,000, so then absolutely perfect limited edition would be worth maybe £6,000. Yet if the car is in poor condition and with 167k miles then it will be worth less than £1000 regardless if it is limited edition or standard car. 

On top of that, there was Toyota Altezza RS200 that was actually "special", with significant mods etc. Amarillo Edition is just a paint option, which really doesn't add that much. I would say if Lexus IS would be overall considered collectable car, then limited colour options would be worth extra, but as it isn't that means it is just rarer colour option... if you like the colour then great, else it is minor detail compared to other factors.

As for selling it - if you love the car and drive it, then keep it... if you don't drive it then let others enjoy it and sell it. If you worried that this is some sort of car to keep for the future, or something that you will regret selling, because it will be highly prized classic, then don't... it really isn't. 

Just don't expect to make a fortune, it's a 20+ year old car,has done a 167,000 odd miles,would probably fetch a bit more if it was low mileage and in near mint condition 

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 5:41 PM, SPARKY262 said:

Hi, I have a yellow IS 200 (Year 2002), I have repeatedly had neighbours come up and offer to buy the car from me and have been told they are going up in value. I was also told they only made 500 of the yellow ones.  Would anyone be able to provide an indication of the value (mileage 167,000)

Thank you.

Robert

He means only 51

On 6/30/2023 at 5:41 PM, SPARKY262 said:

Thank you.

Robert

Well I used to have one didn't know it was that rare so I decided to sell It for 3500 and it had low mileage didn't really use it so I sold it. I would say now sell it for around 3k to 3.5k ok

• 5 months later...

Hi 

if you still have the yellow is200 and you want to sell it please get in contact with me . Genuine enthusiast will pay right money for the right car .

jackdoogan27@gmail.com

thanks jack

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links