Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

petrol from my is 250 for lawnmower

Anyone know a easy way to get some petrol for my lawnmower from my is 250? it cant be done the way i used to do it on my older cars by puting a pipe into the filler neck and sucking some out. Or removing a pipe from the carb and turn the engine over. I dont want to nip out to the petrol station for a ltr  or two as my nearest place is about 10 miles away.

Definitely not recommended. Just get a 5L or 10L can next time you get your petrol and put it in the shed or whatever. 

The risk simply does not justify the gain of 10 miles drive. Can you disconnect the line going to high-pressure pump - sure, but you will need to crank the fuel pump in the tank for it to deliver any fuel that way. Cranking fuel pump for more than 10 seconds can damage it and that is £600 expense. As far as I know siphoning the fuel via filler tube should not be possible, but again same applies - ok you maybe be able to do it, apart of having mouth full of petrol you as well risking to damage something in the fuel pipe or went and for that you will have to pull apart half of the car which will cost £100s if not £1000s... 

Simply said - don't do it, you risking £1000s of damage for 15 minutes drive and £5 worth of petrol can. Now sure I guess petrol can in the shed is a fire hazard, but so is the whole process of siphoning the petrol from the car, so I really can't see any upsides of doing what you intend to do. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links