Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

10 days in a Lexus

I thought I would post my experience of my first 10 day owning a Lexus is300h, I find it very smooth and quiet to drive ( bit def though) so far over 50 to the gallon but not done many miles, it’s odd not having to start the car before moving off and a couple of times I have forgotten to apply and release the handbrake ( or should that be the foot brake ) last car electric and auto release and put it in park but the car gives you a warning , smart entry takes some getting used to especially locking, a bit worried that someone could clone the fob, is there a way to turn it off ? Last car press twice quickly and fob turned off but not sure with this car just seems to double lock.

overall very pleased with my purchase and thanks to the people on this forum that have been very helpful.

Dell

• Like 3

Enjoy ... as its automatic when you put it in P on flat ground its safe or sufficient. I dont bother using footbrake/handbrake unless i'm on an incline to avoid weight of the car straining the gearbox Parking pin.

As for locking it you can keep your key in a pouch it stops signal going out if opportunists try to take it by picking up the key signal from your front door. Alternatively there is a method after you lock it keep hold of the lock button & press the unlock button twice. Try opening it without pressing the unlock button it wont do as it disables smart entry until you unlock it again by pressing unlock. Or another option to disable smart entry is via the car menu.

Check out this video 

13 hours ago, IS300FSPORT said:

Enjoy ... as its automatic when you put it in P on flat ground its safe or sufficient. I dont bother using footbrake/handbrake unless i'm on an incline to avoid weight of the car straining the gearbox Parking pin.

As for locking it you can keep your key in a pouch it stops signal going out if opportunists try to take it by picking up the key signal from your front door. Alternatively there is a method after you lock it keep hold of the lock button & press the unlock button twice. Try opening it without pressing the unlock button it wont do as it disables smart entry until you unlock it again by pressing unlock. Or another option to disable smart entry is via the car menu.

Check out this video 

Thanks for that Al I have tried it and it works , just need to remember to do it.

Dell

You can also turn off the keyless entry function in the cars settings. This way the car stops looking for the key. It potentially uses less of the 12v Battery and also you dont have to remember these combinations of buttons. Only thing is when starting the car you need to get the lexus logo on your key really close to the start button and then press the button to start the car. But ive gotten used to it now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Notamech said:

You can also turn off the keyless entry function in the cars settings. This way the car stops looking for the key. It potentially uses less of the 12v battery and also you dont have to remember these combinations of buttons. Only thing is when starting the car you need to get the lexus logo on your key really close to the start button and then press the button to start the car. But ive gotten used to it now. 

Same here. Deactivation is much better. Peace of mind is well worth it. After that you just touch the start button with the key and press the button to start.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links