Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NFU Insurance any good?

VSR

Hi all looking to insure with NFU. Just wanted to start of by asking if they are any good. What sort of prices they charge for insurance, are they negotiable. I am looking for a NX300h in Harrow London, previous prices (other insurers: 2020- 440 2021- 400 2022-480) now quotes are 650+, but 750 once you add all the good stuff. 

No they will not negotiate. They not the cheapest but they have good feedback. I been with them for nearly a year. Renewal due in September.  Best thing is to ring them to see what price or if they will provide cover. They dont always.

2 hours ago, Eggie said:

No they will not negotiate. They not the cheapest

They don't and they aren't,or at least they were'nt,so I went.

NFU and I don't mean National Farmers Union.

I am about to seek quotations, and will certainly call the NFU for a price.

Am currently with LV, but Which? rates both LV and NFU Mutual as the best in a comprehensive survey earlier this year.

2 hours ago, Eggie said:

No they will not negotiate. They not the cheapest but they have good feedback. I been with them for nearly a year. Renewal due in September.  Best thing is to ring them to see what price or if they will provide cover. They dont always.

Hi Tony, out of interest how much is the insurance for your NX, with NFU. KR Vishi

I am with NFU and the renewal went down slightly last Nov. Initially they look expensive but their standard cover is excellent so the add ons are minimal. If you are insuring a new car then they provide a new car for 2 years if stolen or written off - some people pay a lot for additional gap insurance. When I need to, I get through quickly and always speak to a knowledgable person in the UK. If you have a claim you can deal with a local office and meet with an individual - how novel is that !

It always makes me smile when they show their heritage by asking if you’ll be carrying shotgun cartridges in the car and if so, how many. They are choosy in the cars they insure. Recently I swapped my 2 year Range Rover Velar for an RZ (policy was a bit less) and they said they would have renewed the RR but at a massive increase because of the theft rate. For new client that won’t insure any Range Rovers younger than 5 years and I believe they are wary of RX’s too. 

5 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

I am with NFU and the renewal went down slightly last Nov. Initially they look expensive but their standard cover is excellent so the add ons are minimal. If you are insuring a new car then they provide a new car for 2 years if stolen or written off - some people pay a lot for additional gap insurance. When I need to, I get through quickly and always speak to a knowledgable person in the UK. If you have a claim you can deal with a local office and meet with an individual - how novel is that !

It always makes me smile when they show their heritage by asking if you’ll be carrying shotgun cartridges in the car and if so, how many. They are choosy in the cars they insure. Recently I swapped my 2 year Range Rover Velar for an RZ (policy was a bit less) and they said they would have renewed the RR but at a massive increase because of the theft rate. For new client that won’t insure any Range Rovers younger than 5 years and I believe they are wary of RX’s too. 

Hi Bob, if you don't mind me asking how much did they charge. KR Vishi.

• 3 months later...
On 7/31/2023 at 9:50 PM, VSR said:

Hi Bob, if you don't mind me asking how much did they charge. KR Vishi.

Everyone's insurance quote will be different - depends on your details as a driver, any additional drivers, the vehicle, and the postcode it's kept at. The price I pay will have no relevance to what you'll be quoted.

My experience with NFU is that their price was very competitive. I could have gotten a policy slightly cheaper with others, but, they certainly don't have people on the end of a phone within the UK as easily as NFU do. As others have said, their policies are also very comprehensive (except for lost car keys - take note!). 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links