Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does recent MOT guarantee C pin condition?

Diy

Test done on 15th with few miles done since then as I'm the new owner ( without toolbox ) and plan to do a 500 mile round trip mostly motorways soon . Should I be stopping and checking how hot the calipers are getting ? Or can I assume the is250 lubed pin issue will have been covered in said MOT ?

Mot doesn't really guarantee you anything to be honest apart from saying that at the time of the test it was in a roadworthy condition. Having said that they should be okay especially as there wasn't anything mentioned at the time of the mot, although there's nothing stopping you from stopping and checking just to be sure and give yourself peace of mind 

I don’t understand ……. Why didn’t you have the car serviced with particular attention to making sure the callipers were ok ?

OR Get them checked over now for peace of mind maybe 

Malc 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input, it was serviced and the discs aren't rusty . It's a regular journey for me that can take between three and a half to five and a half hours . Part of it on the rumble strip we call the M25 , the chances of me hearing or feeling anything on there , in a new car to me are slim 🤔

I'm not sure BUT I don't think there's any mention of even inspecting the calipers on any service schedule  .  that's why they get into dreadful condition without you realising they can .. AND replacing them can be awfully expensive               I ALWAYS  get my servicing guy to check over and sort out any caliper issues at each service and MOT .  it's a relatively simple and low time consuming thing to do tbh    ........  I'm on the original calipers still at 246k miles 😇

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links