Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark Levinson Audio spec

Hello,

I have been looking for a 3IS IS250 for a while now.

Am I right in thinking all F sport trimmed IS250's come with a Mark Levinson audio system as standard?

Apparently some are branded and not some are not?

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Isaac5099 said:

Hello,

I have been looking for a 3IS IS250 for a while now.

Am I right in thinking all F sport trimmed IS250's come with a Mark Levinson audio system as standard?

Apparently some are branded and not some are not?

Cheers,

It is always better to ask for it. I was under the same impression, but did not see it in my car. However, was still happy with the other features so went for it

No, there are 3 audio options on F Sport. As standard they have the basic 6 speaker audio. You could have upgraded to Premium Navigation with the much better 8-speaker audio (a £2,000 option). If you went for the Premium Nav then you could spend a further £1000 on the ML upgrade.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

It was an option on all IS250s apart from the Premier model

Standard on Premier, but it was only available as an option on the F Sport, no other grade could be upgraded to ML, the other grades could only go to Premium Nav with 8 speaker audio.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

No, there are 3 audio options on F Sport. As standard they have the basic 6 speaker audio. You could have upgraded to Premium Navigation with the much better 8-speaker audio (a £2,000 option). If you went for the Premium Nav then you could spend a further £1000 on the ML upgrade.

Standard on Premier, but it was only available as an option on the F Sport, no other grade could be upgraded to ML, the other grades could only go to Premium Nav with 8 speaker audio.

Yes thats what I meant - 

Should have said option on all F-Sport's and Standard on the Premier

1 hour ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

Mine has the 8 speaker option and sounds amazing. I would not go for the ML audio because it is prone to issues with the very pricey amplifier as seen on this forum several times.

Many of the reported problems are for the pioneer amp, it’s not just the ML one that has issues. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah 

6 speaker - Fujitsu

8 speaker - pioneer

15 speaker - ML

I initially hated my 6 speaker system but it doesnt sound too bad if you turn the bass all the way up and move the audio 80% to the rear and play spotify. Its still pretty bad with FM radio though.

On 8/1/2023 at 6:29 PM, ColinBarber said:

Im viewing multiple 3is's and is there a way to pshycially know which one the car has? I assume the circular knobs are the 6 speaker , the mouse style is 8 and if its marked with ML its ML?

Im viewing multiple 3is's and is there a way to pshycially know which one the car has? I assume the circular knobs are the 6 speaker , the mouse style is 8 and if its marked with ML its ML?

Yes, that's correct. The 6 speaker system also doesn't have a centre dashboard speaker which the other 2 have.

You cannot always see the ML writing below the headunit in adverts, so another thing to look out for is small speakers on the rear doors next to the door release level - only ML systems have these:
image.thumb.png.00c637e7a8ae7d7bdc8dde05e2a57ac7.png 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Yes, that's correct. The 6 speaker system also doesn't have a centre dashboard speaker which the other 2 have.

You cannot always see the ML writing below the headunit in adverts, so another thing to look out for is small speakers on the rear doors next to the door release level - only ML systems have these:
image.thumb.png.00c637e7a8ae7d7bdc8dde05e2a57ac7.png 

The ML also has ceramic knobs which are white for the volume and radio tuning. I think all the others come with the dark grey knobs

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links