Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealerships - Any good recommendations please?

HGUS

6 hours ago, Linas.P said:

That is interesting way of bedding in the parking brake, I reckon that would be first and list time the hand brake works after such procedure 🙂 

Many years ago, a colleague lent his company Astra to four students who were on the company undergraduate scheme. Never a good idea to lend your car to students - I should know, I was one of those company undergraduate students once and used to enjoy ragging the pool cars as often as possible. Anyway, the student driving the Astra did about five miles with the handbrake on. When they arrived back at the office, the smell was horrendous, both inside the car and out. My colleague was billed for the damage too which was severe and rather unfair. Whether he exacted a vicious revenge was never clear.

• 1 month later...
On 8/10/2023 at 12:05 PM, Juicedrinker said:

You are 100% correct about this, sadly a lot of people (maybe because they just have no interest) do not even have the most basic of understanding about cars they simply drive them.  Which is all fine and dandy until you get someone unscrupulous take advantage of this fact and charge for work not required.  I've recently got an issue with a Toyota main dealer regarding my fiances car that I bought 3 years old 3,000 miles from them a couple of years ago.  Basically she has had an issue with it from day one which I told them about and have shown them (it has now done 11,000 miles / 5 years old).  It has become a real issue over the past year as front proximity sensors trigger for no reason at all can be on an open motorway, parked 10m away from a building, driving up a slope etc etc.  They start screeching and warning of an imminent collision and although you can temporarily stop by pressing a button it is only temporarily bas re triggers a few moments later if still parked opposite wall, going up slope etc it drives us both nuts.  Toyota dealer whilst acknowledging an issue said not a warranty claim and they would charge me to look into it and repair it.  Anyhow through further investigation via my day job I found a technical service bulletin that was issued by Toyota for her exact model / year of manufacture regarding proximity alert ecu issue and how to rectify.  Toyota specifically advise dealers to replace with a new ecu that fixes the fault that is present on the original ecu.  I requested the Toyota dealer fix this (quoting the Toyota Service Bulletin code) whilst it is in for annual service and whilst they acknowledged this TSB code etc they have told me that I will be charged for the repair / fix as not a warranty issue!  I have told them that if they charge me I will be getting my money back from Toyota HQ and reporting them because you can not have a fault with a car that is a clearly recognised as a potential issue by Toyotas own TSB admission and then charge the customer.  I should add that I bought the car from this dealer and also a 3 year service and MOT plan so am a good customer of theirs.  I really despair at main dealerships and once my service plan is finished with them apart from a Hybrid battery check which I will pay for I will go back to using a very reputable local garage that has maintained all her cars in the past perfectly.      

What a very silly business. Have you written to the Principal with a chronological report of your experience?

I am always amazed when i find a business who has no concept of the value of aftercare. They will stupidly nitpick their way out of all future business over relatively small issues. I know it may be contentious to say it, but why have amazon basically taken over the world? In a word aftercare. Something wrong, in my experience, one online chat and it is sorted. Other businesses should take note.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links