Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SD card Sat Nav upgrade

Hi Guys I have 19 plate Premium IS300H; has any one tried an SD card upgrade other than from Lexus which is ridiculously expensive. This is my second IS300H and it is the only thing letting the car down.

1 hour ago, Bob99 said:

Recently bought one from satnavishop, delivered quickly and updated within 10 minutes. Very happy for £35. Mine was the micro so card

Any more info this pls im interested.

Does it change appeareance? & does it have the speed camera alerts?

Any pics etc

2 hours ago, Bob99 said:

Recently bought one from satnavishop, delivered quickly and updated within 10 minutes. Very happy for £35. Mine was the micro so card

Bob. The information I received from satnavshop was that it would take up to 90 minutes to fully download using an sd card and to keep the engine running whilst download is in progress.
Can you offer any advice?

regards

Probably depends on what your existing system is, my car has the micro sd card fitted so was just a straight forward swap, and yes you need to have the engine on while updating. I just followed the instructions that the car told me do. I inserted the sd card and then turned on, think I turned off and on again when instructed. Everything is the same as before with maps updated to latest version and speed limits correct including speed camera alerts. Came home late last night and there was an M61 closure due to roadworks and it correctly guided me to the M6 not sure if the old system would have done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 8:41 AM, Bob99 said:

Probably depends on what your existing system is, my car has the micro sd card fitted so was just a straight forward swap, and yes you need to have the engine on while updating. I just followed the instructions that the car told me do. I inserted the sd card and then turned on, think I turned off and on again when instructed. Everything is the same as before with maps updated to latest version and speed limits correct including speed camera alerts. Came home late last night and there was an M61 closure due to roadworks and it correctly guided me to the M6 not sure if the old system would have done

I bought mine from the same dealer a few months ago. The first card never worked so I returned it and satnavishop replaced it. The replacement card did the updates easily. The speed camera alerts were working correctly too. Only had a problem since I had the car serviced last week, as highlighted in my other recent topic. I’m not blaming the service people as it was mentioned to me by their service manager that their technician would have no reason to update the sat nav system. I can’t see my problem being related to the new updates as it’s been working properly until last week.

For £35 it seemed a good buy compared to Lexus prices. The update is for 2022/2023, but it doesn’t show the 20 MPH zones which are popping up all over the place recently. Those zones are still showing up as 30 MPH.

5 hours ago, Tony1452 said:

I bought mine from the same dealer a few months ago. The first card never worked so I returned it and satnavishop replaced it. The replacement card did the updates easily. The speed camera alerts were working correctly too. Only had a problem since I had the car serviced last week, as highlighted in my other recent topic. I’m not blaming the service people as it was mentioned to me by their service manager that their technician would have no reason to update the sat nav system. I can’t see my problem being related to the new updates as it’s been working properly until last week.

For £35 it seemed a good buy compared to Lexus prices. The update is for 2022/2023, but it doesn’t show the 20 MPH zones which are popping up all over the place recently. Those zones are still showing up as 30 MPH.

Hey I use that version too and I don't get see speed zones, how do you display them?

4 hours ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

Hey I use that version too and I don't get see speed zones, how do you display them?

Well, whatever speed zone you are driving in, the speed will always show on your screen, marrying up with the advance speed warning. It’s just standard. If it’s not showing up on your sat nav screen when you are driving, I’d be very surprised. If it’s not, I’m afraid I can’t help you.

1 hour ago, Tony1452 said:

Well, whatever speed zone you are driving in, the speed will always show on your screen, marrying up with the advance speed warning. It’s just standard. If it’s not showing up on your sat nav screen when you are driving, I’d be very surprised. If it’s not, I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Not a 100% sure but i think there are different types of nav systems. The more premium ones have this feature the basic ones dont. I remember test driving a premier which had the speed limit of the road displayed but my executive doesn't display it. I looked through the settings but couldn't find it and eventually gave up - one of the main reasons i just use Google maps on the phone. 

To be frank I also use google maps next to the big screen (mine has the big screen or premium nav as some call it, I just hate the word "premium" itself)

But because I use both side by side I'm not sure now where i see the speed limits, it may be both! I will check

26 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

To be frank I also use google maps next to the big screen (mine has the big screen or premium nav as some call it, I just hate the word "premium" itself)

But because I use both side by side I'm not sure now where i see the speed limits, it may be both! I will check

Yes different systems and different location depending upon the car and if you have RSA.

Premium Nav with large screen and RSA will show the speed limits on a small screen within the dash (certainly 2018 onwards), camera location will be shown on the map. Not sure if that applies to the IS300, but the systems are pretty standard across the Lexus range.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 4:21 PM, IS300FSPORT said:

Any more info this pls im interested.

Does it change appeareance? & does it have the speed camera alerts?

Any pics etc

I’ve mentioned elsewhere on a thread (that I started) that this afternoon I decided to remove the micro sd update card and replace it with the old sd card as the new card wasn’t warning me in advance of the road safety cameras, although it was working in respect of the camera near to where I live. But not others. It had been working until recently when it stopped

The road safety camera alerts and the ANPR alerts are functioning correctly as previously. So, if you do decide to buy from the satnavishop the £35 update, I’d be interested in knowing if you are still getting the alerts. Cheers!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links