Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You need to find out which ship it's on, Lexus UK can tell you this, then use a ship tracking site like www.fleetmon.com to track it on its journey to Portbury.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 2:04 PM, AWC said:

You need to find out which ship it's on, Lexus UK can tell you this, then use a ship tracking site like www.fleetmon.com to track it on its journey to Portbury.

Do we have to call the Lexus UK or the dealer can also let me know the ship details?

1 hour ago, Pavan said:

Do we have to call the Lexus UK or the dealer can also let me know the ship details?

The dealer told me and I tracked it all the way from the Malacca Straight through the Suez etc.  They call and drop off in Italy on the way past.   Have you got a rough delivery date?

9 hours ago, Pavan said:

Yes. I am expecting September end. Did you get yours?

No not got mine yet but it cam ashore on the 12th on a ship called Georgia Highway.  Mine will be ready at the dealer late September so yours was probably on the same ship.  From Portbury Dock they go to Burnaston then to the dealer.  

On 9/13/2023 at 11:41 PM, Don C said:

No not got mine yet but it cam ashore on the 12th on a ship called Georgia Highway.  Mine will be ready at the dealer late September so yours was probably on the same ship.  From Portbury Dock they go to Burnaston then to the dealer.  

Quick question...Have you Lexus Link App updated the status? Mine still shows that it has left the factory. 😞

On 9/13/2023 at 9:54 AM, Pavan said:

Lexus UK had much more information than the dealer and were very helpful

On 9/15/2023 at 5:19 PM, Pavan said:

Quick question...Have you Lexus Link App updated the status? Mine still shows that it has left the factory. 😞

No because I bought it as a cancelled order.  It was already on the ship so I wasn’t the original owner.  When I loaded it into the app, it shows the car but not the whole order process.  

On 9/16/2023 at 11:02 PM, Don C said:

No because I bought it as a cancelled order.  It was already on the ship so I wasn’t the original owner.  When I loaded it into the app, it shows the car but not the whole order process.  

Oh. that makes sense. My lexus link app doesn't say anything after it left the factory 😞:sad:

24 minutes ago, Pavan said:

Oh. that makes sense. My lexus link app doesn't say anything after it left the factory 😞:sad:

Haha, you can probably work it out.  To get through the Suez, the corrupt navigation pilots have to be bribed but the Japanese won’t pander to it and tend to get pushed to the back of the queue so it could be down in the Gulf of Suez or in between.  You can see what ships are due at Portbury.  It will be a “something” Highway - OSK Line.  When did it leave the factory?  Your dealer will tell you exactly which ship it is on.

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

15 minutes ago, Don C said:

Haha, you can probably work it out.  To get through the Suez, the corrupt navigation pilots have to be bribed but the Japanese won’t pander to it and tend to get pushed to the back of the queue so it could be down in the Gulf of Suez or in between.  You can see what ships are due at Portbury.  It will be a “something” Highway - OSK Line.  When did it leave the factory?  Your dealer will tell you exactly which ship it is on.

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

Thanks for the insights. this is super exciting. I can see that Michigan Highway is the ship that is expected on 24th Sept. Dunno how much time will it take after that. Hopefully, it can still by end of the month or 1st week Oct. 

12 minutes ago, Pavan said:

Thanks for the insights. this is super exciting. I can see that Michigan Highway is the ship that is expected on 24th Sept. Dunno how much time will it take after that. Hopefully, it can still by end of the month or 1st week Oct. 

Mine was very quick.  It arrived in the U.K. on the 12th and they were predicting it at the dealer today (19th) which seems a bit ambitious but they’ve been right so far.  I’ll report back as soon as it’s confirmed.  

15 minutes ago, Don C said:

Mine was very quick.  It arrived in the U.K. on the 12th and they were predicting it at the dealer today (19th) which seems a bit ambitious but they’ve been right so far.  I’ll report back as soon as it’s confirmed.  

Best of luck. I am sure your Lexus would be awesome and you will love it. This is my first lexus BTW.

7 hours ago, Pavan said:

Best of luck. I am sure your Lexus would be awesome and you will love it. This is my first lexus BTW.

Aye well, there are lots of classy German and Swedish brands but none rival Lexus for reliability and JLR products arrive at the dealer faulty so they don’t enter the equation.  A Lexus isn’t a rebadged Toyota, it’s a whole different kettle of fish.  

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 7:18 PM, Don C said:

Aye well, there are lots of classy German and Swedish brands but none rival Lexus for reliability and JLR products arrive at the dealer faulty so they don’t enter the equation.  A Lexus isn’t a rebadged Toyota, it’s a whole different kettle of fish.  

Hi Mate, Did you collect the car from the dealer? There was one vessel that arrived on 24th Sept so hopefully my car in there. Just wanted to understand how much time does it take after vessel comes to bristol .

cheers

1 hour ago, Pavan said:

Hi Mate, Did you collect the car from the dealer? There was one vessel that arrived on 24th Sept so hopefully my car in there. Just wanted to understand how much time does it take after vessel comes to bristol .

cheers

No, due to other commitments, I can’t pick it up until the 7th anyway but if we assume yours does come ashore on Thursday, it then has to go to Burnaston (Derby) first for onward distribution first.  That’s two trips in a queue of a lot of other cars.  They go to Derby so they can fill a truck with complete orders but it might help if your dealer isn’t far from a Toyota dealer so they can load it all up together.  I’d work on 2 - 4 weeks and then the dealer needs to pdi it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links