Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio query

F Sport design, touch screen UX, is there any setting to listen to the radio without having it all lit up in start mode the same as most/all keyed ignition cars that have a first click position to let you do this? Plenty of occasions it comes in handy when parked up, waiting for SWMBO etc, can’t see anything in the manual.

Accessory "position" is selected by pressing the power button without pressing the brake pedal. Accessory automatically turns off after 20 minutes to save the 12 volt Battery which is smaller than non-hybrid cars because it's not used for starting the engine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Bill said:

Accessory "position" is selected by pressing the power button without pressing the brake pedal. Accessory automatically turns off after 20 minutes to save the 12 volt battery which is smaller than non-hybrid cars because it's not used for starting the engine.

Lovely thanks 👍

34 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

I find it just as easy to leave car in park that way there is no issue with the 12v battery going flat also keeps the ac running if it's a warm day likewise keeping warm on cold ones.. ...

Thanks but I’m not that “nesh” to want anything other than the radio 😁

Its not good practice to leave it in accessory mode to listen to the radio. You run the risk of not being able to start the car if the 12V Battery goes flat and can't boot up the computers. You can put it in EV mode if you don't want the engine to start (sometimes).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Its not good practice to leave it in accessory mode to listen to the radio. You run the risk of not being able to start the car if the 12V battery goes flat and can't boot up the computers. You can put it in EV mode if you don't want the engine to start (sometimes).

If the UX behaves like the 2022 NX then it is definitely not good practice to leave the car in accessory mode to listen to the radio.

Why, well from my own experience just a moment before the Battery gives up the car makes a few noises, some dash lights flicker and then it locks itself.
As mentioned above, you then can’t not only start it but you can’t open any doors. I’ve had this happen twice when fitting & refitting a dash cam and had the pleasure of being locked inside the car with the only way of escape being to climb through the car, release the back of the rear seats and clamber in to the boot where there is a manual way of opening the boot.

Not an exit process I can recommend 🙄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links