Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The swingometer continues to shift as parts distributors change their market position.

Eurocarparts, a good go to is now far too expensive and has dropped numerous options for the Lexus.

I’ve returned to Opie for oils and had Fuchs last year and have done same for this years’ service. 

Lexus could clean up globally parts sales by positioning above replacement and charge a premium but not at the current pricing structures. Prices are a rip-off.

Whatever the business it seems to me it’s trying to maximise profit opportunities before they just “ vanish” into the ether ……. the whole concept of stockholding, financials is taxing the brain cells of all businesses Finance bods …… it’s very difficult to survive right now let alone make lasting £££££ retentions for the business going forward 

Prices for everything seem to be all over the place and the “on-line” prices of many products just beggar belief from regular suppliers who are just trying to get that competitive edge AND still make profit 

Thankfully we aren’t in Argentina right now where upcoming inflation is about 200% pa 

Its probably going to be good to buy what you think you might need for the next couple of years to “ stockpile” and make that investment rather than leaving the money ££££ in the bank earning a pittance in taxable interest 

Malc 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Whatever the business it seems to me it’s trying to maximise profit opportunities before they just “ vanish” into the ether ……. <>

Its probably going to be good to buy what you think you might need for the next couple of years to “ stockpile” and make that investment rather than leaving the money ££££ in the bank earning a pittance in taxable interest 

Malc 

Good observations Malc.

• Like 1

I was just thinking of my new yuasa Battery “ silver “  best quality bought the other day 

order online to pay when I collect at my local GSF store £166. at 65% discount  

Buy over the same counter ( I asked specifically ) non pre-order £ 244   % ?? off 

Full price silly money about £445

YES I know the figures don’t add up BUT you see how businesses are all over the place pricing and stockholding these days 

I think selling the Silver top of the range one was exceptional  tbh …… holding stock must be a nightmare for businesses 

Malc 

12 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Malc 

A one-year term rate is currently on offer at 6% and available on balances up to, £500k. A better rate of return than many of my fund investments!

• Like 1

ah but wot on earth does one do with surplus cash in excess of £ 500,000 and wanting it " on demand " to say, buy a new car ..............  😇

or indeed 2 x 5 ltrs of oil with cash in hand .......... what problems to have eh ! 🤩

Malc

15 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Whatever the business it seems to me it’s trying to maximise profit opportunities before they just “ vanish” into the ether ……. the whole concept of stockholding, financials is taxing the brain cells of all businesses Finance bods …… it’s very difficult to survive right now let alone make lasting £££££ retentions for the business going forward 

Prices for everything seem to be all over the place and the “on-line” prices of many products just beggar belief from regular suppliers who are just trying to get that competitive edge AND still make profit 

Thankfully we aren’t in Argentina right now where upcoming inflation is about 200% pa 

Malc 

Don't think I can agree with that Malc. Had a great year mopping up fixed term bonds incremently ,but heading upwards from 5 to 6% plus over 3 to 5 years. In ISA so tax free converts up towards 7% pa real return as risk free return as it ever gets with the FSCS underwriting it.

Heck, how else am I going to afford to run a V8  .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Don't think I can agree with that Malc. Had a great year mopping up fixed term bonds incremently ,but heading upwards from 5 to 6% plus over 3 to 5 years. In ISA so tax free converts up towards 7% pa real return as risk free return as it ever gets with the FSCS underwriting it.

Heck, how else am I going to afford to run a V8  .

Lexus V8s are probably the least expensive of any V8 Marque to run 

Must be right coz I’ve been running mine for some 25 years on “ being nigh on broke “ 🤣

Well, maybe not but most other cars in the family and friends non Lexus marques seem to cause them financial angst !  

Lexus V8 forever  !

Malc 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 1:27 PM, Malc1 said:

Lexus V8s are probably the least expensive of any V8 Marque to run

100% agree, and even the fuel consumption is darned good (unless you are a townie - with all that stop start driving).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links