Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear view mirror

My left hand side mirror use to dip downward when in reverse, but since the last service, it now moves outwards, which I don't like because I cannot see the side of the car. I have tried to change it back but cannot find how. 

Anyone knows how to change it, please?

30 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

My left hand side mirror use to dip downward when in reverse, but since the last service, it now moves outwards, which I don't like because I cannot see the side of the car. I have tried to change it back but cannot find how. 

Hi! Put the vehicle into reverse while stationary and adjust the mirrors to how you'd like them to be when reversing. Then put the vehicle back into P. Ensure the L/R mirror switch is pressed into either L or R positions and that should sort you out. 🙂

• Thanks 1

From memory if you turn the power button on, switch the left hand mirror button on and shift the the car into reverse you can now adjust the left hand mirror to the desired position. Once you have completed this put the car into drive and the mirror should resume its usual position. Then go back into reverse and the mirror should shift to the position you set.

P196 in the PDF manual, although I guess page may vary across the different types/editions of manual.  Was in 1-7 "Adjusting the angle of the outside rear view mirrors".

Linked mirror function when reversing (vehicles with driving position memory)
When the mirror select switch is in the “L” or “R” position, the outside rear view
mirrors will automatically angle downwards when the vehicle is reversing in order to
give a better view of the ground.
To disable this function, move the mirror select switch to the neutral position (be-
tween “L” and “R”)
With the shift position in R, adjust the mirror angle at a desired position to set the
mirror angle used when the vehicle is reversing.
The adjusted angle will be memorized and the mirror will automatically tilt to the
memorized angle whenever the shift position is shifted to R from next time.
The memorized downward tilt position of the mirror is linked to the normal position
(angle adjusted with the shift position in other than R). Therefore, if the normal
position is changed after adjustment, the tilt position will also change.
When the normal position is changed, readjust the angle in reversing.

Edited by paulb_
Manual page ref
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, paulb_ said:

P196 in the PDF manual, although I guess page may vary across the different types/editions of manual.  Was in 1-7 "Adjusting the angle of the outside rear view mirrors".

Linked mirror function when reversing (vehicles with driving position memory)
When the mirror select switch is in the “L” or “R” position, the outside rear view
mirrors will automatically angle downwards when the vehicle is reversing in order to
give a better view of the ground.
To disable this function, move the mirror select switch to the neutral position (be-
tween “L” and “R”)
With the shift position in R, adjust the mirror angle at a desired position to set the
mirror angle used when the vehicle is reversing.
The adjusted angle will be memorized and the mirror will automatically tilt to the
memorized angle whenever the shift position is shifted to R from next time.
The memorized downward tilt position of the mirror is linked to the normal position
(angle adjusted with the shift position in other than R). Therefore, if the normal
position is changed after adjustment, the tilt position will also change.
When the normal position is changed, readjust the angle in reversing.

1 hour ago, Pm4 said:

All you have to do is put car in reverse, then adjust the mirror to how you’d like it and then car will memorise this position and put it there each time you put into reverse 👍 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links