Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Terms of use screen

Baggers

IMG_2375.thumb.jpeg.b21282f0ef080baf92a2e4c700de554a.jpegDoes anyone else get this screen appearing frequently on switch on? It’s a real nuisance because it often appears just after driving off and I have to pull over, select “park” and accept it before driving off again. The QR code only links to the Lexus website btw. I have the new app set up on my Iphone so it’s not that. Ideas on a postcard….

I came across this screen yesterday as was looking on the menu system regarding sat nav map update

i have the 2022 model.

the terms were ticked  accepted , I left the page and returned to main menu and default screen which is my Map screen,

All okay now.

could it be a software issue with yours Colin ?

perhaps a visit to mr Lexus might help ……

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 11:13 PM, Baggers said:

IMG_2375.thumb.jpeg.b21282f0ef080baf92a2e4c700de554a.jpegDoes anyone else get this screen appearing frequently on switch on? It’s a real nuisance because it often appears just after driving off and I have to pull over, select “park” and accept it before driving off again. The QR code only links to the Lexus website btw. I have the new app set up on my iPhone so it’s not that. Ideas on a postcard….

Try going through the setup procedure again, you may need to register the key to youserlf by holding it close to the power button.

• 1 month later...

If you get the Lexus+ app on your Iphone and sign up for the stuff on there - name, email, link to the car and accept the terms of use then I think you should find that the problem largely goes away. You need to wait a moment or two after you turn on the car’s ignition while the car and the phone link up but, when they do, the car recognises your phone and the offending screen doesn’t appear. If you drive away too soon and before the linkup, the screen may appear but it should go away once the car/phone handshake has taken place. I hope this makes sense but Lexus+ app is the key.

• 3 weeks later...

I only get this when I've forgotten my phone.  When I first got my car I scanned the QR code with my phone which already had the Lexus + app on it.  SInce then, when I get in my car, my phone is detected, my settings are loaded and I'm good to go.  No phone and I get your dreaded screen.

• 2 months later...

Hi, yes I did resolve the problem and I put a description of it as a post. Basically you need the Lexus + app on your phone and then link the app to your car. The car and phone recognise each other when you turn on the ignition and the screen disappears. See above.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem on my 73 reg, I have android phone & Lexus + app which pairs up the phone in seconds of stating up but have to wait for this screen every time I start. Been to Lexus dealer, they to are puzzled.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links