Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car asks to accept terms and conditions on every start

51 minutes ago, Serguei said:

My new 450h+ asks to accept terms and conditions on every start. Which is quite annoying. Is there a way to stop to?

IIRC doesn't that screen disappear quickly without intervention anyway?

1 hour ago, Serguei said:

My new 450h+ asks to accept terms and conditions on every start. Which is quite annoying. Is there a way to stop to?

I don't think your remote is registered properly to you, I had a similar problem. Go through the setup process again, you may need to hold the remote close to the start button as part of this. Once set up properly, the car recognises you and the accept terms and conditions page doesn't show.

• Thanks 1

I am another one who had that problem ( I did not think it was setup correctly when I took delivery) bit of bind but just go through the setup again. I had to do this for a second time so the “fault” my not have been with the dealership 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the help. 
removing and re-adding the car to the account helped. The only thing that seemed to get lost in the process was my wife’s seat position (my was not changed so I simply resaved it). 

23 minutes ago, Serguei said:

Thank you for the help. 
removing and re-adding the car to the account helped. The only thing that seemed to get lost in the process was my wife’s seat position (my was not changed so I simply resaved it). 

You can always store additional seat positions using the dashboard buttons but to have individual seat positions recognised automatically you with need to register two different remotes assigned to each driver. I guess you are in the same boat as the rest of us in that the car was delivered with only one remote?

• Like 1

Yes, only one key, as everyone else.

Although I am not sure having two keys would help us - when we go somewhere we tend to  just take one key and then we would swap who is driving. So the buttons with seat positions is exactly what works for us and it is an improvement over the previous car we had for 12 years (RAV 4, from new - nice car and it is still ULEZ-compliant). 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links