Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

Scs getting old with their owners too ……… your Sc relies on YOU to wake up every morning so stop whingeing and ENJOY  every day …… it won’t come again ……., 

AND your health is ok really …… you wake up every day , get out and about and have the mental capacity to actually whinge …….. so ENJOY 

Do you take any useful exercise ? like swimming maybe 🤔

Malc 

I thought Lexus owners were made of sterner stuff tbh 

8 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

It’s a bummer getting old. I went to last years meeting and had sciatica at the time so couldn’t stand for long. This year I am now walking with a stick because of my knee and a couple of weeks ago my sciatica returned. As least I can still get some enjoyment driving the SC if ever we get better weather.

I started with Sciatica this year and it is now combining forces with my Rheumatoid and Ostioarthritis. Resisting a steroid shot for the moment ,but with my CRP level sitting at 14.9 it won't be for long.

57 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I started with Sciatica this year

I fully sympathise. I have had it for years in shoulder and leg and it's a real pain - literally. I am actually getting used to it now and just live with it! But it's nothing compared to GOUT - Aaaaargh!  Ibuprofen works but I am not allowed to take it. I take nothing for any of it.

Genetic factors, not diet, are the prime drivers behind gout, study ...

13 minutes ago, GMB said:

I fully sympathise. I have had it for years in shoulder and leg and it's a real pain - literally. I am actually getting used to it now and just live with it! But it's nothing compared to GOUT - Aaaaargh!  Ibuprofen works but I am not allowed to take it. I take nothing for any of it.

Genetic factors, not diet, are the prime drivers behind gout, study ...

I think you are right . My eldest brother suffered with gout all his life right from being a teenager to the end and I know from his experience it was absolutely awful, agony. You wouldn't wish it on anyone (other than the guy with the dog that craps at the gate).

• Like 1

On the bright side my daughter is at a conference at Lancaster University today and I agreed to ferry her there and back in the XK. She has a foot like a clog so I think she's going to like it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

You wouldn't wish it on anyone (other than the guy with the dog that craps at the gate).

We have some neighbours like that. They are another pain. They stand there while their dog does its business on our lawn  ( admittedly they do trespass to pick it up). But they are oblivious to what is happening and seem to see no wrong in it. The smell attracts other dogs to do the same. My wife won't let me go out to tell them off in case it causes issues.. We tried some "get off" sprinkles and it works for a while but is a bit expensive.

Cat & Dog Repellent 460G Get Off Gel - Thirsk Garden Centre

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

our cats usually " see off " any dogs that dare venture close by

Malc

Our German Shepherd considers cats Brunch ! Although he's got absolutely zero chance of ever catching one.

• Haha 1

There's not many dogs that would mess with this bad 'un

Рeбенок был весь поцаpaпанный. Няня сказала, что это кoшка: пришлось ...

True story - in a cafe in France a customer had a hunting dog under his table and the owners cat came in. The cat sat next to the dog and lifted its right paw. extended his big claws as if to say " Come near me and you will get this". The dog went round the other side of the table.  It was so funny to see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone familiar with this landmark will instantly know Lexigirl was tripping out in Ilkley today. Moreover at 23 C she was doing it with her head uncovered.

Now question for my passenger wife was "tell me what do you think with the hood down and sunshine on your head?". Her reply (bearing in mine she's an old school Yorkshire lass), "it was ok". Da da ,this is wife speak that she loved it !

For myself admittedly not in the greatest of shape at the moment it was unadulteratedly wonderful. A real pick me up and a super reminder that the body may be thinking one thing ,but the mind ,our mental outlook can still be lifted by experiences that bring joy.

Ilkley.jpg

• Like 1

Went on the Spanish motorway with the top down. No hats lost again.

Noisy at 80 thru the tunnels past the trucks. My ears are still ringing.

Think Yorkshire may have been a tad warmer than Spain today.

• Like 1

"Think Yorkshire may have been a tad warmer than Spain today."

Not something you hear said very often!

• Haha 1

And Bettys for afternoon tea any day is better than anything Espana can offer I’m sure 🤔

Malc 

21 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

And Bettys for afternoon tea any day is better than anything Espana can offer I’m sure 🤔

Malc 

Truth be told I find Bettys a little overhyped. Lots of queuing, decent ,but overpriced food that is in fairness inline with the ethos of it's historic appeal. If lots of peeps like it and want to be there you're not going to sell cheaply are you? Being 'insiders' of course we stopped in at Addingham on the way back and used the local cafe "Ginger Plum". Nice cafetiere, great service, lovely moist Orange and Almond cake. All done for 14 quid for two. Plus they have works from local artists on the wall for sale. Indeed, the trip was for me to get another look in at a little art gallery in Ilkley that I have bought from before. Nothing to buy today ,but still some nice works if you have the appropriate place for it.

Also a bit of fun winding the wife up regaling her with the tale of the landlord daughter from Addingham, the one that got away ! Yeah, that's right no baking for me for the next month.

There’s other Bettys Cafes too, not just Harrogate 

and the art to not Qing is to go when it’s quiet in the day ! 

Malc 

15 hours ago, Malc1 said:

There’s other Bettys Cafes too, not just Harrogate 

and the art to not Qing is to go when it’s quiet in the day ! 

Malc 

True enough. Indeed, yesterday there was no Q in Ilkley. We could have walked right in for a table. I find the Harrogate branch busier probably because of more tourists. Same likely true for the York branch.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue skies means Lexigirl is out again with the hood down. 4.2 of fossil fuels pollution feels wonderful. Turn the Soul music UP for a bit of noise pollution. Good job I'm good looking otherwise I would be up for the treble. I mean is visual pollution even a thing,?

:wink3:

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Blue skies means Lexigirl is out again with the hood down. 4.2 of fossil fuels pollution feels wonderful. Turn the Soul music UP for a bit of noise pollution. Good job I'm good looking otherwise I would be up for the treble. I mean is visual pollution even a thing,?

:wink3:

Suggest you look in the mirror and decide …….. heart attack pills at the ready tho’ 😂

Malc 

51 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Suggest you look in the mirror and decide …….. heart attack pills at the ready tho’ 😂

Malc 

Apologies, but I cannot argue with 70 years of factual experience .

:smartass:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links