Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tiffany arrives at her new home

Mincey

10 hours ago, Mincey said:

I was surprised that they went to the trouble of drilling the plates because previously they've given me new plates with sticky pads on the back

Indeed, the latest British Standard for number plates recommends no holes are drilled, although it is still legal to do so provided it doesn't make the plate difficult for humans or ANPR to read.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 8:36 AM, Mincey said:

No photos yet - it was chucking it down and blowing a hoolie yesterday. Amends will be made when the weather improves.

So first impressions...

The Good:

• The ride is significantly improved over the F Sport ES as you'd expect without sports suspension and 18" instead of 19" wheels. She's much smoother over bumps. There's a piece of road near here where a channel was dug across the road just on the braking point for a junction and it always triggered the ABS in Betsy - I need to see if Tiff does the same.

Congratulations on bringing home Tiffany the Takumi Temptress 🙂

I would expect a somewhat significant improvement in overall comfort from Tiffany due to

• Better Seats : The F-Sport seats don't provide the same degree of customisation as Takumi (or at least on the driver's seat on Premium Pack). The extending thigh support is lovely.
  • Better Wheels : Takumi 18" wheels have echo absorption cavities so less tyre noise to begin with which is suppressed very well with all the NVH treatment.

Also, depending on the interior trim possibly you got a light coloured head liner which should make the car feel "roomier".

Cannot comment on how correct this is but with the ML, maybe the active noise cancellation works better due to more active speakers in the rear half of the car.

--E

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links