Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got Ghost 2 Installed

whiskey33

I got the Ghost 2 installed from Carkeys in south east london this weekend. I am now more comfortable leaving the car at public car parks without constantly tracking the airtag i have hidden in the car. It took just over 2 hours. i was given a great guidance on how to use it, change codes and do's and donts. 5 stars to them. it costed me £500.

I had bought a milenco lock as a buffer. The installer suggested that i stop using it now as it will invite morons who will cut the steering wheel to remove it and then fail to start the car, so i am looking at more damage to pay for.

The next step is installing a dash cam, front and rear. I have an unused viofo 129 pro. Which ones are popular with the forum.

The dealership informed that they have the nextbase 380 GWX. Any reviews?

22 hours ago, whiskey33 said:

The dealership informed that they have the nextbase 380 GWX. Any reviews?

They're ok. I'm not convinced that the definition is that great but it might be that mine isn't set up correctly. I will check and report back. Forget about the wireless link to your phone and just stick the SD card in a PC when required. It's much less hassle. They are discreet however.

I guess it depends if you want to see the actual video clips while driving simply to know that the cameras are operating.  The Nextbase 512GW and the 522GW both visually show the actual 1, 2 3 minute clip running at all times.  The dealership Nextbase install that  they recommend has no screen just a red light to show it's on.   My experience of my first 512GW was loss of the video clip running and a frozen image thereby telling me it had stopped running/recording.   I would not have known otherwise as I very rarely plug either camera (512GW in my wife's Yaris and 522GW in my ES) into my computer and review video files.   I just format the disc every now and then.   Both set ups have a rear camera as well,  simply to capture any idiot that wants to have bumper s*x from behind. 

Also with a screen it shows the icons such as the satellite signal is active and the charging icon tells you it's connected to the car etc.    Today I spotted the satellite  icon was not lit up on the wife's dash cam so I need to explore if this is a  temporary issue or a problem to fix because the camera red recording indicator is flashing normally implying it is recording normally but maybe not with the satellite positioning locator working.    I think dash cams that have no screen require the owner to have blind faith the cameras are running.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links