Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turn your ES into a spaceship

MichaelPhi

I always wanted a luxury, reliable, fuel efficient a car. Nevertheless, I fancy the innovative interior of a new Mercedes S class or BMW I7. You know the cool pop-up speaker, ambient lightning, headrest tablets, door projector that Lexus is lacking as a whole and for ES specifically. 
One thing I realized is that is much harder to make a car reliable than make it looks cool, so I went with Lexus ES 300H and started an interior revamp project to match all the latest German gadget. I enjoy every single moment when I drive it now because I know I have the dream car of my life. Reliable, Fuel Efficient, Luxury, lots of customized futuristic RGB toys. Took me about 2 months to gradually install and test out with my friend in a home garage:

2 front tweet (pop-up) speakers

Full ambient package (door handle, trims, dash, seat, foot light)

Lexus door projector

Illuminated door sill

Tablet + Magnet mounts

Just share with you guys how much you can get out of customizing your car. All items cost under 1000$ if you exclude tablets. For me, it cost 2000$ with 2 tablets. Yes 2000$ upgrade make your car look like at least 20000$ more expensive. Definitely worth it but be aware! It is not recommended if you are not willing to spent time, resources and pay attention to detail or new to the space. I am looking to install starlight headliner as well, just like those stars on the roof of a Roll Royce but it is not high on my priority list. If you guys have any ideas of other stuff that I can install to enhance this spaceship, feel free to drop comment. I am happy to share links, if someone want to replicate the build.

20230929_194046.jpg

20230929_194056.jpg

20230929_194110.jpg

20230929_194314.jpg

20230929_194350.jpg

20230929_194750.jpg

• Like 7

That looks pretty spectacular and quite an experience for the driver and passengers. I've always liked accent lighting and that's taken it to a new level. Some might not like it but I do. Well done, it must have needed a fair amount of planning and execution.

• Like 2

Not For Me I,m Afraid..I Would find this Lighting More of a Distraction Particularly when driving at Night..Must admit looks Immpressive But For Me I Would be Looking At The cool Lighting Instead Of Looking at The Road Ahead.. A Definite Hazzard When you need your full Attention On The roads ahead...Just my opinion of course..!!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Not For Me I,m Afraid..I Would find this Lighting More of a Distraction Particularly when driving at Night..Must admit looks Immpressive But For Me I Would be Looking At The cool Lighting Instead Of Looking at The Road Ahead.. A Definite Hazzard When you need your full Attention On The roads ahead...Just my opinion of course..!!!!

Like you Ronnie not what I would have personally, but if I was say 40 years younger I suspect i would be allover it. Moreover, like our friend above I really enjoy seeing what people can do when they want to make something really theirown ! I guess I I mean I actually like the uniqueness and what it took to create it.

• Like 2

Great job and done very well.

I've always been attracted to shiny sparkly things and would certainly have this in my RX, but my 65 year old eyes may be overwhelmed and make it a non-runner. I'm already noticing that my eyes don't recover as quickly as they used to after passing other traffic during darkness.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2023 at 6:32 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I agree but there is always an option to reduce the whole ambient brightness, so it is not the end of the world.

On 9/30/2023 at 4:01 AM, Lmafudd said:

It does look very effective. Is there a master off switch somewhere?

Yes of course, there is a remote app or control that come with the ambient package. I bought most of them via AliExpress, and they all have a central microcontroller that come with the package. Nevertheless, I connect all of them to the car's fuse box so every time the engine turns on, the systems are on as well. You can manually disable/ turn off or reduce brightness if you want.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Really want something like this but am worried that if there was ever a problem with any of the cars electric components lexus would render the warranty void due to the installation of third party components. 

Congrats for the bravery in installing the disco lighting. My humble opinion ( which no-one wants to hear as I am now recently elected President of the "Boring old men"  club ) is that it is not for me. All the other things I wanted to say are not worthy of publication.  The closest I ever got to this was in the Volvo S60 and that was quite understated and pleasant.

I did not even know the car had this feature, it was my son who found it!🤐

12VCAR VOLVO XC60 Interior Ambient Light System

This one below is quite nice:

Morris Minor 1000 Interior | Production: 1956–71; 847,491 pr… | Flickr

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links