Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 2001 radiator

CurryAddict

Hi Everyone,

I've just had a look at my radiator because I want to replace it within the next few weeks for preventative maintenance and I've noticed its missing some sort of coolant expansion tank by looking at other LS430's on the web.

Is this something to be worried about or is it normal for people to remove them? 

Also does anybody have any recommendations to which radiator I should buy to replace the original one?

Cheers

Barry

image.jpeg

Barry hi ….. and welcome back to this Forum 

Ive not had a 430 BUT I do understand from reading here that there are several choices …… of which ONE will be correct for your specific car 

A member here with specific 430 experience will surely pop up to give you some hopefully specific sound advice 

Good luck

Malc 

• Like 1

There are 3 or 4 different radiator arrangements in the LS430.
It would help if you could post a photo of all of your engine bay as I need to see all of the top of the radiator as well as the reservoir to know which radiator you need.
The ones with a filler/pressure cap on the rad itself don't normally have the little hose that connects to the end of the rad and yours seems to have both.

• Like 2

With my LS430 I bought an aftermarket part however during the replacement process it was evident it was not the correct part, the supplier could not supply the correct one so genuine from Lexus was fitted

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

I ended up buying a Denso 2214100 from rockauto because I was getting a Timing belt kit from there as well, hopefully it fits 🤞. I'll do a follow up when I get round to do it.

28 minutes ago, CurryAddict said:

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.

I ended up buying a Denso 2214100 from rockauto because I was getting a Timing belt kit from there as well, hopefully it fits 🤞. I'll do a follow up when I get round to do it.

Scratch that. the new radiator I've bought is missing an end piece on the left-hand side to where the coolant tank connects to. I've attached some photos of my current one if anyone knows an aftermarket radiator that'll fit, but I think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy new genuine one for £400.

rNiqeG3x.jpeg

RrX5x_3h.jpeg

ZetYdc1v.jpeg

2aiO4xcl.jpeg

None of the aftermarket ones with the spout have the pressure cap on the radiator.
So, for aftermarket I would recommend something like this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363624735352
It has a little plastic thing for bleeding air out of the top of the radiator, but you top up coolant via the pressure cap on the reservoir.

Chances are even if you buy a Lexus radiator it won't have the pressure cap on the radiator itself.
There is no need for 2 pressure caps. 😁

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

There are 2 versions with the Reservoir in the middle, behind the radiator... (US market and others)

And there are 2 with the reservoir left behind (when standing in front of your car) in front of your shock absorber. Like yours...

5024 is the mark (see pic) 

So you need the 2nd number i showed before

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH 

I AM FROM AUSTRIA 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the help everyone and sorry for the late replies. I've literally just got my car backtogether this evening, it's been in bits since October because life got in the way of things 😆. I bought that radiator you linked BigBoomer and it fits spot on, but I had to cut a slot into the airbox cover in order for it to sit flush because the radiator cap sits quite high. I had alot of stuff that I wanted to change/replace while I was in there, new powersteering resovoir,timing belt,water pump,crank seal, thermostat, pipes etc. I've still got a few things to replace such as rocker cover gaskets and spark plugs but overall a good start. Cheers again.

a7awt7N6.jpeg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links