Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430

Boomer54

When I was looking up the car and it's history I wondered what came afterwards and there appeared to be nothing to see. However, I wondered after a little more looking around was the LC500 the eventual descendant?

I have to say I really like what they have done with the leatherwork and cockpit in that car. Externally, it's a little too aggressive looking for my personal taste being a lover not a fighter 😀

Anyone know if that is the lineage ? I note it is still a V8 !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think history confirms the LC500 is really the latest generation V8 Soarer.

Based at 'GS' level and aimed at a slightly different market, the SC430 was a slight deviation in the line as it lacks some of the very best tech and extra luxury fitments of its time but it is still a Soarer.

• Thanks 1

I would love an LC500 but only the V8. It’s a shame they didn’t follow the SC having a proper metal top convertible but it’s seems all manufacturers have moved away from this concept. For me the LC is more than I want to pay for a car even though you can buy a used one now for under £50,000. I have followed the LC for the last few years and the issue is it is not selling at all well in the UK (Deja vu SC430 when they were new and probably still now). So if you buy a LC you are going to lose a lot of money and will struggle to sell it on. I personally love the design in that it stands out from the crowd but I have never seen one on the road. I have only ever seen three coupes, two at a dealership and one at a car show. If they get down to around £30,000 and I am still driving then it might be an option for me then unless I come into a lot of money then I would buy one in a shot but at the moment I am trying to keep my pension pot intact.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

but at the moment I am trying to keep my pension pot intact.

and then you pop off this planet and some other b....r spends it all for you 😉

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

and then you pop off this planet and some other b....r spends it all for you 😉

Malc

That will be my 4 children after the taxman has taken his slice. Funny that when you get an inheritance the first thing people do is spend it yet when you get old you are reluctant to spend your savings. I think it’s a generation thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I think it’s a generation thing.

you're right..... .  it's a  " game  " 

never have enuf when you need it when you're young and growing family life and then .  enuf when your kids are oft to fend for themselves ( mostly ) then when you're really really old and others start to pop off around you, well, you realise that if you inherit from them then it's good to spend spend spend BUT you don't want to spend too much just in case there's never enuf for the Waitrose or Aldi food shop .............. 

BUT if you have enuf to buy yourself that " special " car you've always hankered after .....  like that SC430 ...  then go4it ..  if you find you don't have enuf to pay the milkman you will ALWAYS  find a sensible buyer for your SC430 ..  surely 🤣

Now then, can you also afford the Road Tax and insurance ?

Malc

8 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

That will be my 4 children after the taxman has taken his slice. Funny that when you get an inheritance the first thing people do is spend it yet when you get old you are reluctant to spend your savings. I think it’s a generation thing.

That's very true but also older people don't tend to have credit. At least that's what I've found. Save, save, save and cash purchase the car!

• Like 2

btw I personally think the LC models look bloody sad and awful .......... but again, that's maybe a generational thing too 😥 ....... some people ( maybe me ) have no taste eh !🙃

Malc

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

btw I personally think the LC models look bloody sad and awful .......... but again, that's maybe a generational thing too 😥 ....... some people ( maybe me ) have no taste eh !🙃

Malc

I like them but not very practical for my lifestyle. I've already banned my granddaughter from eating an ever lengthening list of stuff and could imagine a total ban in a top end car. Good job I've only got a modest UX.

Good God    What the hell’s the point in having a car you can’t easily happily freely use for everyday normal and family  life 🤔

Malc 

• Like 2

Look guys its capital protection UNTIL you see the gates opening. You no longer think you are immortal. Then, however you are free to really be free. You don't have to plan , or worry about events 10 yes ahead. You can just live for the day and anything you can do to make that day a good one. Written from the Pride Of Rotterdam quayside. On the outside of a great sirloin steak and bottle of merlot. Now off to to the dance floor for some Northern Soul. Guys if you dream it and can do it then get stuck in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Next things going to be developing the craziest fastest Mobility Scooter that’s both ULEZ and road tax free …… but that’s going to be an EV propulsion thingy !

Can I wrap one around my V8 4ltr do you think ? 

Malc  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

That's very true but also older people don't tend to have credit. At least that's what I've found. Save, save, save and cash purchase the car!

I did that with the RX and the SC both which I love and spent what you would need to buy a used LC. Now I have the best of both worlds with these two ie something practical and a toy to play with. 

IMG_2096.thumb.JPG.ac6731bb4627b735853e9c55b1efd260.JPG 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Next things going to be developing the craziest fastest Mobility Scooter that’s both ULEZ and road tax free …… but that’s going to be an EV propulsion thingy !

Can I wrap one around my V8 4ltr do you think ? 

Malc  

Make sure you document progress with a build thread. 🙂

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:42 PM, Boomer54 said:

Look guys its capital protection UNTIL you see the gates opening. You no longer think you are immortal. Then, however you are free to really be free. You don't have to plan , or worry about events 10 yes ahead. You can just live for the day and anything you can do to make that day a good one. Written from the Pride Of Rotterdam quayside. On the outside of a great sirloin steak and bottle of merlot. Now off to to the dance floor for some Northern Soul. Guys if you dream it and can do it then get stuck in.

I did say 'get stuck in' and I think I did considerable damage on our collective behalf. I wouldn't have been offended at customs if they had asked did I want to declare an expanding waistline. 😀

The toughest decision was do i start at the top left and work the shelf left to right, or should  I go vertical. Oh the dilemma !Cakes.thumb.jpg.03ef57b15f9af74bae298f7af8d64655.jpg

Carrying on the topic of design for the SC430. I note that the design team ended up on the Cote d'Azure. There is something very fitting about that. I have spent quite a few summers on that coastline and appreciate imparticular the stunning traverse into Monte Carlo by car that should not be missed. I think the SC 430, hood dropped, making that tour along Le Grande Corniche could almost have been in the designers mind. A scene from a Bond movie would not be amiss.

The scenery makes up for the excesses of pretentiousness to be found in that area.

22 minutes ago, Nigel Coleman said:

"I like this car" (SC430)

and the power of advertising:  "Victoria's Secret" (bra/underwear bill board)

At 1.30 sec the person who came up with wing mirrors as a lot to answer for. Yes, very appealing and the car isn't bad.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links