Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slowly whittling down on the problems. Next in line, keys!

I only have 1 key, which is just a blade, no buttons or fob to lock/ unlock. Tempting fate everytime I use it, getting a bit flimsy and I can see it ending up snapped.

Any links or info on where to get a key with transponder and/ or fob for 1996 LS400?

Personally I would have another non fob key cut, just the blade and the black handle, at least then you will have a spare key if the original breaks or gets lost.

Buy yourself an aftermarket remote central locking system for around £25.00 and wire that in, OK you will now have a key and separate fob but it worked for me on the old 94 I had.

If still available I remember Amayama sold the OEM keys but then they have to be programmed to the ECU….. think in hundreds of ££££s. 

Yes, going to have a spare blade key cut regardless, just trying to get round having to go aftermarket central locking straight away and try keep some OEM-ness.

Have kindly been gifted a spare genuine Lexus fob from @Razor61 and going to see if I can get that programmed to work. Luckily made good friends with the auto tech who fitted the starline to my GS F and he is gonna come try work some of his magic!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links