Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ML cutting out on 2024 NX

I have a MY24 NX350H Takumi with the Mark Levinson system, which is great by the way. However, several times now when playing music loud (from any source), it randomly cuts out. No audio at all for Dab, BT, USB, screen beeps etc. Even resetting the system by pressing and holding the volume knob does not bring it back. The only way to restore audio is to turn the car off then back on, which is a pain when driving on the motorway etc. Has anyone else experienced this?

There are no faults or errors indicated on the displays, no faults on the secret service menu either.

Have contacted my Lexus dealer and car is booked in for later this month, but I fear that they won't find anything as it is an intermittent fault.

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Had my ML system looked at by dealership,  no fault codes to indicate an error, they have not seen this before and have raised a 'Compass Case' with Lexus. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Update.

This morning Lexus UK technical have done a can bus data download from my car to try to identify the problem.

Let's see what they find. They have said that they may have to change the ML amplifier. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 9:03 AM, imgo said:

Update.

This morning Lexus UK technical have done a can bus data download from my car to try to identify the problem.

Let's see what they find. They have said that they may have to change the ML amplifier. 

Good luck getting this resolved. At least the Lexus warranty is there, it's just a shame you have to use it so soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, car was back in today, they removed the centre console and checked amp connections, took photos etc and forwarded the info on to Lexus technical. No fault could be found. Got my car back, drove off, turned on the radio, turned it up and 10 seconds later it tripped out again. Hopefully will end up having a new ML amp fitted.

19 hours ago, imgo said:

So, car was back in today, they removed the centre console and checked amp connections, took photos etc and forwarded the info on to Lexus technical. No fault could be found. Got my car back, drove off, turned on the radio, turned it up and 10 seconds later it tripped out again. Hopefully will end up having a new ML amp fitted.

On a serious note l hope you get it fixed quickly. It's easy to loose confidence in a car after a problem cropps up so soon. On a less serious note l think all car radios should shut down automatically when the volume is loud😁

• 1 month later...

Another update. Lexus have decided that they are going to change the ML amplifier,  no date as yet.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links