Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cherished Plate

Did I ever tell you about the Puligny Montrachet 1er Cru followed by a fine Chambolle Musigny that I had at a Wagner Concert in Bayreuth that I went to on my bike.............:sleep1:

15 hours ago, GMB said:

Did I ever tell you about the Puligny Montrachet 1er Cru followed by a fine Chambolle Musigny that I had at a Wagner Concert in Bayreuth that I went to on my bike.............:sleep1:

Me too 😛🍷😛🍷😜

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 4:06 PM, GMB said:

Boring -  MOI !!!

Hankies at the ready:-

Here goes:-

For some strange reason I find people don't like me very much. At least that's what my wife tells me, and she should know.

My areas of conversation are limited to my knowledge of the following topics .

1 Wine

2 Motorbikes ( all of them - the older the better )

3 Wine ( Mostly Bourgogne )

4 Opera (Mostly Wagner - Oh No! )

5 Wine

I find that people don't listen to or understand what I am saying and tend to broadcast their own information about rubbish topics that are of no interest, such as; their holidays or their operations or their dead friends.

Is that because I am boring? Or just plain annoying?     Answers on a postcard please to:

The Xenophobia and Misanthropism Society, Preston Town Hall.

BTW -  Notice there was no Lexus in the list😉

Shouldn't that be wine with an h? 😅, Merry Christmas to one and all and may 2024 give us many more opportunities to be thankful for what you have 🍷

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 11:45 AM, wivenhoe said:

I was at an auction some years ago and there was a mint 3 year old Aston Martin Vantage. I spoke to a dealer about it and they said they were going to bid for it up to £ 45k - very low price as a very risky buy as it didn’t have a V5. I watched the auction and the bids stalled at £ 48k and then someone on the internet bought for £ 49k. Saw the dealer a few weeks later and he said he was so wrong about the car. The reason the car didn’t have a V5 was that the personal plate had been taken off and DVLA hadn’t yet issued a replacement V5. The buyer on the internet had somehow (police contact maybe) found out that the personal plate and car were registered to Buckingham Palace and he sold the car within a week for £ 80k !

I put a personal plate on a new BMW and the dealer gave me more (allegedly) to leave it on when I px’d it - he said it made him smile and looked forward to selling it - RU 69 BOB - apparently younger people read it to mean a different thing to older people !

Just one more thought please.My daughter will shortly reach a monumental birthday one I personally thought I would never see as a callow youth but clearly did and am still here many years on! But what to buy her that's memorable and not sit in a drawer alongside the rest of watches, jewellery  expensive pens etc?

But a plate  now that fits the bill in all sorts of ways , can't be lost or stolen, very personal and memorable every day .

Better still it may even appreciate in value and can be passed on out side of IHT win win

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Just one more thought please.My daughter will shortly reach a monumental birthday one I personally thought I would never see as a callow youth but clearly did and am still here many years on! But what to buy her that's memorable and not sit in a drawer alongside the rest of watches, jewellery  expensive pens etc?

But a plate  now that fits the bill in all sorts of ways , can't be lost or stolen, very personal and memorable every day .

Better still it may even appreciate in value and can be passed on out side of IHT win win

Or better still (from her viewpoint) a plate with a car attached to it. :wink3:

On IHT if you have not leady done so make sure you have got your nominees sorted on things like Sipps

5 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Or better still (from her viewpoint) a plate with a car attached to it. :wink3:

On IHT if you have not leady done so make sure you have got your nominees sorted on things like Sipps

Years ago 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links