Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link+ upgrade

Baggers

24 minutes ago, Julncamp54 said:

The send to car of destinations doesn’t work……. No soft key to upload to car …….

These are very basic faults with the app. I find it incredible that no one in Lexus or Toyota IT have the nounce to check the app works before realising to the public!! 
thats absolutely basic

makes one wonder how much other software on the car they have got wrong too……

This has been going on for several years now unfortunately. The MM19 software has many bugs that have been reported and not fixed (check on this forum) is and will not be.  I read on here it is the same with MM21. Now the app.... And the backend.

Will MM21 owners get wireless android auto or "send destination to car" first? And will it before their leases are up?

On 10/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, DrShockr said:

I recently upgraded after reading this thread, all seemed to be working until I realised that no trips are being uploaded as part of the hybrid coaching feature. It used to also show the last location of parking, that is not working either. I've sent an email to the app help centre but no response so far 😕

Response from Lexus Customer Care, looks like multiple issues which will take a while to resolve:

Thank you for contacting us.

Just recently we have encountered a number of issues relating to the connected car functionality and our application ‘app’. We are aware of various issues, some of which we know to be a direct result of some recent system changes and the migration of the app to a new platform. While we remain sure of the longer term benefits of this migration, at this moment in time, users might expect some functionality issues where we have no immediate fix.

It appears your enquiry relates directly to this matter. Please rest assured we are doing all we can to get to the bottom of these issues but in the meantime we are not able to offer immediate advice or a corrective course of action.

We are working towards resolving all current issues. In the meantime, should you choose to remove and reinstall the app and restart the connection process to your vehicle, this will have no detrimental effect. Once we are confident the corrective measures have been made, we will advise all our Centres who can then support and advise you as necessary. If still required, support will be available in the new year from your local Centre.

We are sorry for any inconvenience or disruption as a result of this temporary problem and hope this won’t impact greatly on your overall satisfaction with us.

5 minutes ago, DrShockr said:

Response from Lexus Customer Care, looks like multiple issues which will take a while to resolve:

Thank you for contacting us.

Just recently we have encountered a number of issues relating to the connected car functionality and our application ‘app’. We are aware of various issues, some of which we know to be a direct result of some recent system changes and the migration of the app to a new platform. While we remain sure of the longer term benefits of this migration, at this moment in time, users might expect some functionality issues where we have no immediate fix.

It appears your enquiry relates directly to this matter. Please rest assured we are doing all we can to get to the bottom of these issues but in the meantime we are not able to offer immediate advice or a corrective course of action.

We are working towards resolving all current issues. In the meantime, should you choose to remove and reinstall the app and restart the connection process to your vehicle, this will have no detrimental effect. Once we are confident the corrective measures have been made, we will advise all our Centres who can then support and advise you as necessary. If still required, support will be available in the new year from your local Centre.

We are sorry for any inconvenience or disruption as a result of this temporary problem and hope this won’t impact greatly on your overall satisfaction with us.

Why do a migration before the new system is at feature parity and tested. Amateurish....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I went out earlier to put some stuff in Tiff's boot and fetch a petrol receipt for exies from the front. I locked her doors and nonchalantly waltzed back indoors. A few minutes later I got an alert from Lexus Link+ to say that Tiff's boot was open. Had I really been that careless? Surely not. I raced downstairs from my office and out of the front door and yes, I had indeed left her pert bottom open to the entire world. Instead of having to make a dash to close it, wouldn't an alert like "your car's boot is open. Would you like it closed?" be nice? Maybe this is already there and I've missed it but somehow I think that's asking a bit much....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

I went out earlier to put some stuff in Tiff's boot and fetch a petrol receipt for exies from the front. I locked her doors and nonchalantly waltzed back indoors. A few minutes later I got an alert from Lexus Link+ to say that Tiff's boot was open. Had I really been that careless? Surely not. I raced downstairs from my office and out of the front door and yes, I had indeed left her pert bottom open to the entire world. Instead of having to make a dash to close it, wouldn't an alert like "your car's boot is open. Would you like it closed?" be nice? Maybe this is already there and I've missed it but somehow I think that's asking a bit much....

Maybe you did close her boot and she's a bit of a Floozie and likes to show of her privates to all and sundry that passes by. If l was you l would leave a packet of you know what in her ample boot, or you might hear the sounds of a little CT on the drive. I would get her sterilised at the next service.

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, DrShockr said:

I recently upgraded after reading this thread, all seemed to be working until I realised that no trips are being uploaded as part of the hybrid coaching feature. It used to also show the last location of parking, that is not working either. I've sent an email to the app help centre but no response so far 😕

Funny That Because Mine is doing the same..Does not show ANY trips i have done Like it used to..Dont know what the problem is !!!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

Maybe you did close her boot and she's a bit of a Floozie and likes to show of her privates to all and sundry that passes by. If l was you l would leave a packet of you know what in her ample boot, or you might hear the sounds of a little CT on the drive. I would get her sterilised at the next service.

I hadn't thought of that....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Funny That Because Mine is doing the same..Does not show ANY trips i have done Like it used to..Dont know what the problem is !!!

Since upgrading, mine now tells me when the doors are open and the trip record works fine.

Two trips to Melton yesterday with mpg that makes me smile. 😁

Screenshot_20231121-064551.png

16 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

Since upgrading, mine now tells me when the doors are open and the trip record works fine.

Two trips to Melton yesterday with mpg that makes me smile. 😁

Screenshot_20231121-064551.png

Interesting. Do you have MM21 or MM19?

It's totally broken on my RX with MM19.

Paul

14 minutes ago, PDM said:

Interesting. Do you have MM21 or MM19?

It's totally broken on my RX with MM19.

Paul

Not sure where I find that info but the attached shows the release at the bottom, I think.

Screenshot_20231121-072314.png

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

Not sure where I find that info but the attached shows the release at the bottom, I think.

Screenshot_20231121-072314.png

Hi Charles,

Sorry - I was meaning the vehicles infotainment system version. I think you have a UX. Is it touchscreen or trackpad?

Thanks,

Paul

Trackpad. The system works really well I find and I hardly ever actually use the pad whilst driving. I use an Android dongle and the voice controls are excellent - apart from asking Google to play a specific music track and then it's a lottery!

One thing the car does that may have a bearing is that it connects to the house wifi every time it's on my driveway.

2 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

Does this help? This was a couple of months ago but still current I think.

20230824_214950.JPG

Thanks, Charles.  MM19 then.

I was wondering if MM19 was totally broken with LL+, but apparently not.

Paul

On 11/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, DrShockr said:

Ok, so I deleted the car from 'my garage' and then re added it, had to go through the whole mileage verification process, but all seems to be working fine now with trips being uploaded as well as the last parked location being updated properly.

9 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Ronnie, try the above, mine started working after that.

On 11/21/2023 at 4:08 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

My RX decides which trips it is going to log, drove all the way to Devon last week, but no record of it. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

This morning, got a notification that charging was complete - great thanks. the App also showed that all the doors were unlocked, refreshed, no difference, got out of bed (04:00), looked out and sure enough - the car was locked!!

I've just switched from Mercedes, their App is absolutely brilliant - Lexus take a look, you could learn a lot.

Since upgrading to the new App, I've started getting notifications.

Most of which are very useful, (charging scheduled, charging complete) but am getting the following:

2022 RX: Not Plugged [6]

Date and Time

I've asked at my dealership and no one knows what it is. Is anyone else getting this?

1 hour ago, Muff12 said:

Since upgrading to the new App, I've started getting notifications.

Most of which are very useful, (charging scheduled, charging complete) but am getting the following:

2022 RX: Not Plugged [6]

Date and Time

I've asked at my dealership and no one knows what it is. Is anyone else getting this?

Yep, I get the "2022 RX: Not Plugged [6]" every so often.  Haven't worked out why yet. It just seems to be random.  Once would be sufficient to tell me that it's been unplugged after charging.

2 hours ago, Muff12 said:

My RX decides which trips it is going to log, drove all the way to Devon last week, but no record of it. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

This morning, got a notification that charging was complete - great thanks. the App also showed that all the doors were unlocked, refreshed, no difference, got out of bed (04:00), looked out and sure enough - the car was locked!!

I've just switched from Mercedes, their App is absolutely brilliant - Lexus take a look, you could learn a lot.

I'm also getting the all doors unlocked indication when they're clearly not! This used to work fine in an earlier version.

The app is showing all my trips but the most recent can take an hour or so to register.

I am on LL+ app version: 2.4.1(220) - PRODUCTION.  I don't appear to be getting any issues with the app (touch wood) other than the random "2022 RX: Not Plugged [6]" messages.  Not sure why some have problems and some don't!

37 minutes ago, HGUS said:

I am on LL+ app version: 2.4.1(220) - PRODUCTION.  I don't appear to be getting any issues with the app (touch wood) other than the random "2022 RX: Not Plugged [6]" messages.  Not sure why some have problems and some don't!

Are you using android, 2.4.0(132) seems to be the most recent iOS version?

• 2 weeks later...

What devilry are the developers of this app foisting upon us? Last night I was out late and thought I'd use the app to turn the climate on so Tiff was nice and toasty (and defrosted) when I got in. I searched everywhere on the app for the section where you turn the climate on remotely. Nothing. No sign at all of it. I went back to have a look at it just now and there it is, exactly where I expected it to be. I wasn't drunk. 

• 1 month later...

I have not checked for a while. Just had a look; recent trips and Hybrid Coaching seems to have updated, but no predicted range. I optimistically tried the navigation thingy; only seems to allow me to navigate to home. I am already here! Someone is having a laugh.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links