Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How has it been so far?????

31 minutes ago, LMM said:

55 mpg - NOT TRUE!

Typo I'm afraid - should have read 52 mpg - still astounding though 🙂.

Could be true though, my last fill was 57mpg on the display and a true 55mpg working it out on trip/fill amount. 

Just for perspective here are some figures  from our cars that I got recently.

2010 Kia ceed 1.6 diesel - 58mpg; best ever was 70mpg when going for a record economy run out of curiosity! BTW the car cost £1000 from a friend. Still running great no issues!!

2020 VW Up Gti 1.0 turbo petrol - 56 mpg; best ever was 68mpg on a record run test again on the M6 northbound at about 65 mph. Got rid of it after a few months awful ride and skinny tyres susceptible to pothole damage. A skateboard.

All the following have been ( or still are ) loved and cared for😇

2019 Volvo T5 2.0 Turbo petrol - 28mpg

2012 Isf - 5.0 V8 - 22 mpg

2017 Is200t 2.0 Turbo - 26 mpg

2018 Harley 114cu in ( 1868cc ) - 56mpg

None of them have electric assistance apart from a tiny black thing under the bonnet/seat that makes about 12 - 14 volts.

On 10/28/2023 at 8:46 AM, Lmafudd said:

Personally I think that in a world of ugly back-ends, since the SUV craze took off, the UX has one of, or even the prettiest, back-end of all cars on the road. 

I find it rather retro but classy.  

The jury is out on the wheels as I tend to favour many spokes but one thing in favour of the five spoke wheels is how easy they are to clean.  

IMG_5562.thumb.jpeg.df4077221af80f8f7e1e787249eb8028.jpeg

I mostly love the UX but apart from the lane keep defaulting to on, there is one other thing that really sucks - in fact I’d go as far as saying it is rubbish and that is the auto wipers.  Denso have never got it right and on the current system you can’t even trick it into being intermittent.   Needs sorting Lexus, it just isn’t good enough.   

9 hours ago, Don C said:

The jury is out on the wheels as I tend to favour many spokes but one thing in favour of the five spoke wheels is how easy they are to clean.  

IMG_5562.thumb.jpeg.df4077221af80f8f7e1e787249eb8028.jpeg

I mostly love the UX but apart from the lane keep defaulting to on, there is one other thing that really sucks - in fact I’d go as far as saying it is rubbish and that is the auto wipers.  Denso have never got it right and on the current system you can’t even trick it into being intermittent.   Needs sorting Lexus, it just isn’t good enough.   

I realise that your vehicle is a newer (and higher spec) car than mine Don but have they altered the switching this year? I'm sure that My Lane Keeping can be turned off completely and always is. When I collected the car from the dealer I drove home via the M69 and it seemed like the car had been drinking! Quite severe reactions by the lane centering software. Having arrived home I turned it off and it stayed off until recently when I tried it again after I reduced the sensitivity. When on the lowest setting it appears to have virtually no action except for the distracting graphic on the dash. Could you just reduce the sensitivity and put-up with it that way, or have they taken that option away too?

9 hours ago, Don C said:

I find it rather retro but classy.  

I don't get the 'retro' to be honest but it is so much nicer than my previous (NX) that was gorgeous from the front but jelly-mould ugly at the back, still loved her though!

9 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

I realise that your vehicle is a newer (and higher spec) car than mine Don but have they altered the switching this year? I'm sure that My Lane Keeping can be turned off completely and always is. When I collected the car from the dealer I drove home via the M69 and it seemed like the car had been drinking! Quite severe reactions by the lane centering software. Having arrived home I turned it off and it stayed off until recently when I tried it again after I reduced the sensitivity. When on the lowest setting it appears to have virtually no action except for the distracting graphic on the dash. Could you just reduce the sensitivity and put-up with it that way, or have they taken that option away too?

Yes, I believe so Charles.  My neighbour had a 21 reg UX and you could turn that off permanently.   

when I say retro, the rest of the range is going more streamlined but the UX is still quite angular (not to be confused with Anglia!).  The interior too with the knobs and dials.  My mate reckons it reminds him of a leather armchair and a high end Technics stereo!   I had an NX which I loved.  The two things I struggled with were the track pad and over bolstered seats.  

IMG_2257.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Don C said:

Yes, I believe so Charles.  My neighbour had a 21 reg UX and you could turn that off permanently.   

when I say retro, the rest of the range is going more streamlined but the UX is still quite angular (not to be confused with Anglia!).  The interior too with the knobs and dials.  My mate reckons it reminds him of a leather armchair and a high end Technics stereo!   I had an NX which I loved.  The two things I struggled with were the track pad and over bolstered seats.  

IMG_2257.jpeg

The paint on that thing was off the chart…..

IMG_2261.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 2:25 PM, johdhm said:

I'm also up to 600 miles in my UX Premium Plus.  I had a IS200 for 15 years, and it is great being back with Lexus quality after 7 years with an Audi Q3.

In comparison with the UX, the Q3 was like a van to drive, while the UX is so responsive, smooth and agile.

My only criticism is the noise from the run flat tyres.  No doubt the Lexus NVH engineers (noise, vibration, harshness) spent ages refining the car, only for marketing to specify run flats.  Enough for the engineers to weep into their sake.

I carry an air compressor so if I get a slow puncture I can top it up until I get to a repair shop.  If I use the run flat mode I think the tyre would be unrepairable.

Ive just had a run flat puncture repaired

• Like 1

Couple of observations.......

No heated rear seats?????

Personally think the door mirrors could be bigger.

Anyone else blinded at night when switching the car off and the 12in display goes full nuclear brightness along with the interior lights. Normal vision restores quite quickly 😂.

34 minutes ago, LMM said:

Couple of observations.......

No heated rear seats?????

Can't see the point, bet there aren't many owners that have regular rear seat passengers....unless Snow White is on the forum.

Wing mirrors are fine for me, the internal one does give me a blindspot though even when fully lifted.

Depends on the model but every other Takumi has heated rear seats.  I find the outer mirrors ok but the right one dims and the left one is just tinted.  It’s mostly ok but now and again there’s a car up the left.  I’ve had a welding flash from the screen but it seems to shut down ok from CarPlay.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links