Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to purchase a SC430

Craig_f

15 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

My insurance company offered me Classic Insurance with Ageas right away! 5000 mile policy for £330.

Seller managed to find a bundle of extra paperwork for car as well to back up the sale. Lots of Lexus main dealer visits in there, including a service last week. Chucking in a full tank of fuel as well.

I asked about classic insurance ..they said 2007 was too young .

you’ll have to give me the details of the company 👍🏻👍🏻

6 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

This time tomorrow I should have it if the M25 is not rammed with holiday traffic.

The window shopper has committed!

Nice one Steve.

Make sure you have a Chris Rea CD on board to choose between Driving home for Christmas and Road to Hell.

• Haha 2

Collected and stashed away.

Was only gifted quarter tank of fuel. First part of journey gave me 32.5mpg. Filled up with E5 and got a better result.

Very easy beast to drive.

Will dig into paperwork this evening.......

IMG_20231222_145343.jpg

IMG_20231222_155544.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Collected and stashed away.

Was only gifted quarter tank of fuel. First part of journey gave me 32.5mpg. Filled up with E5 and got a better result.

Very easy beast to drive.

Will dig into paperwork this evening.......

IMG_20231222_145343.jpg

IMG_20231222_155544.jpg

Take it the clock time is wrong or did you get back home with it a 8.19am 😮😮

• Like 1

Lexus sell the pop up headlamp washer as a complete painted piece but you may need the securing clip too. Does the jet still lift and spray without the cover and so pass the MOT?

Lift the armrest and the seat heater switch assembly can easily be removed for inspection by hand or with a plastic pry tool.

35.8 mpg indicates a serious connection fault with the floor pedal on the right-hand side of the footwell. 😉

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Take it the clock time is wrong or did you get back home with it a 8.19am 😮😮

This is why we stopped Bob from attending to judge any SC430 meets after 2019, every detail carefully noted, verified and points dropped. 🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Have the washer cover. Freshly bought from Lexus.

Nothing coming out of washer nozzles on windscreen when stalk pulled. Wipers work.

Pull the pipe off the washer jets..see if it squirts out water …think the pipe is on the right hand side of the bonnet hinge.

if there is muck in the washer bottle it could have clogged the jets .

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Have the washer cover. Freshly bought from Lexus.

Nothing coming out of washer nozzles on windscreen when stalk pulled. Wipers work.

.......I get confused with the different models but don't we push the button on the end of the stalk in the SC?

6 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Yes end of the stalk 👍🏻

Well I would try that before cleaning the tubes🤣

Looks a nice example, I will keep my eye out for it on the highways of Sussex. 

I would be interested to hear views on a comparison with the GS. 

Actually 2009 Gs450h compares very well in terms of drive comfort and toys. Gearbox is better on SC as not cvt!

Performance is similar, but GS could out drag it by virtue of more hp.

Happy with the odd ding and scratch. If it was pristine I would be afraid to drive it.

• Like 2

Just think yourself lucky you don't have the dreaded ( All or nothing ) Citroen button brake.:helpsmilie:

Regarding the brake button advantages, the hydraulic system (steering, brakes, suspension) is a high-pressure system – at 2500 psi (IIRC). Braking force is modulated by the foot pressure applied to the button, rather than how far the pedal travels. In a panic stop situation, bringing your foot down to the button and “mashing it” produces full power braking immediately.

1967-DS21-brake-buttoin-1024x682.jpg

And what about this crazy, overcomplicated, prone to error, brake hold system trying to do it all for the brainless drivers. Too much going on and not enough common sense.  I actually think they expect you to be really dumb to drive their cars efficiently and safely.

I have some thick pieces of polystyrene packing propped up and a big thick piece at the back of the garage just in case.

The bike sits on an 8x4 piece of plywood with carpet on top to stop any cold or damp striking through from the concrete floor. The flippin' thing is spoilt to death.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:58 PM, Neil E said:

Lexus Parts Direct  

SKU: 48530-80244 SC430 £103.57 each + fitting 

Worth considering doing all 4 corners with aftermarket adjustable coil-overs too. 

Meisters. Would there be two types for Mk1 and Mk 2 car?

Seems cost of coilovers is less than standard shocks and springs?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links