Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wet rear screen

beyond the blue

Ever since new my rear window has misted up really bad in cold weather. The front and side windows are fine. There is nothing damp left in the car, in fact nothing left in it at all. There is nothing in the boot other than two canvas shopping bags and it's very rare to carry passengers in the back seats. I haven't noticed any problems with window seals either. The rear screen demister is very poor and slow as other ES owners will know. I'm going to have to look into getting some sort of moisture absorption for the back shelf, has anyone any suggestions? BTW the air con is on permanently.

9 hours ago, DavidCM said:

It restricts the air flow to the front of the cabin..read  your manual,it tells you most things.

Since reading your replies I have found S-Flow in the manual but I cant relate it to my vehicle. I haven't got a switch with the symbol the manual shows on the 'centre control panel'. Maybe the premium edition is not equipped with this option. I have never been able to get any air flowing through the vents into the rear of the vehicle either warm or cold, with them open or not. I'm just as mystified as the mist I'm trying to remove!  

2 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

Since reading your replies I have found S-Flow in the manual but I cant relate it to my vehicle. I haven't got a switch with the symbol the manual shows on the 'centre control panel'. Maybe the premium edition is not equipped with this option. I have never been able to get any air flowing through the vents into the rear of the vehicle either warm or cold, with them open or not. I'm just as mystified as the mist I'm trying to remove!  

S-Flow appears to be on all models, with either 2 or 3 zones (E below). You want to disable it so you get air to the back. If it's on auto then you will get restricted air flow to the rear if passengers aren't sitting there.

image.thumb.png.25d25ec0df4e5e1e720be394a8106a19.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excessive moisture could be as simple as leaves being stuck in your vents. Admittedly I don’t have an ES but often it’s under the bonnet where it meets the windscreen. 

Give the vents a good clean outside the car.

Used to be an issue in my Merc and GS as I used to park under trees. Hopefully that helps.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links