Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights

So i switched from saab 93 to lexus is300h. I notice that in dark the lexus headlights are alot dimmer. Pretty hard to see. What could be my solutions to improve visibility in dark? The headlight glasses are in fine condition.

Your options depend whether you have HID or LED headlights and what legal restrictions you have in your country.

If you have HID headlights then as the light intensity degrades over time you could just replace the bulbs to restore them to how it came out of the factory - or possibly upgrade with ones that give a slightly higher output.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, ikeja said:

How do i find out if I have HID or LED headlights on my 2016 IS Advance?

I cannot find anything in the Owners Manual

If there’s nothing in the Manual - and my Manual was ambiguous and misleading when I was replacing my main bulbs -  I would take it to a convenient Lexus dealer and ask them to confirm what bulb / bulbs were in place.

Mine were D4S specification and I replaced them - just one in each unit - with Osram Nightbreaker Laser, which were a considerable improvement.

I didn’t think that LED units were fitted in 2016 models, but I could well be wrong about that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ikeja said:

How do i find out if I have HID or LED headlights on my 2016 IS Advance?

They should be HID. You should see high voltage warning stickers on the rear of the lights/engine bay which would confirm.

Whenever you are unusure of your spec, decode your VIN on the lexus tech site or some other one. 

On the headlights question, be sure to adjust them vertically appropriately as well. 

I am using Osram Cool Blue Intense Next Generation +150%, might go aftermarket with the HC Motionz LED headlights soon (I had ordered a pair in November but they refunded me this week as the manufacturing didn't start or some bs). 

Thank you for all the advice. I have just checked and noticed there is a yellow warning sticker on the back of the lights (cannot read the warning as the writing is very small and can only be viewed at an oblique angle) so I presume I have HID headlights.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought and installed these, replacing my Osram Night Breaker Laser D4S bulbs and these are a direct replacement for the HIDS bulbs, these are a night and day transformation! No idea on the reliability but time will tell! I've tried all sorts and these are the real deal. No change to the existing setup. Plug and play.... 

OPP ULITE D4S LED Headlight bulbs, Real Plug & Play, 1:1 with HID Bulb, Canbus Error Free, Compatible with Original Ballast Replacement Bulb, 9000LM 6000K Cool White, 2pc Pack https://amzn.eu/d/44MiRMX

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links