Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Camera: How do I get it to turn on automatically?

When slowing down at a junction, etc (under around 7mph) my previous nx300h's front camera used to come on automatically (switching from the SATNAV map).  I found this useful when nudging up to the line.  I could see exactly where I was.  Then when accelerating off again it switched back to the SATNAV map.

How can I turn this feature on on the latest Lexus generations please?

All sorted!  Easy when you know how.

'View' button to get camera display then from the icons on the right of the display the 'A' had a red line through it.  Clicked it and the red line went.  Camera now comes on automatically when stopping at a junction, etc.

Many thanks again.

7 minutes ago, Mattsneaker said:

Presumably this is only for those with the 360 degree camera option?

I do have 360.  Can't tell you about anything else, sorry 😐 

9 hours ago, HGUS said:

All sorted!  Easy when you know how.

'View' button to get camera display then from the icons on the right of the display the 'A' had a red line through it.  Clicked it and the red line went.  Camera now comes on automatically when stopping at a junction, etc.

Many thanks again.

OK John Where is the VIEW button .. Can,t find it anywhere on My car...Trying to activate the front camera...If there is one!!!

4 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

OK John Where is the VIEW button .. Can,t find it anywhere on My car...Trying to activate the front camera...If there is one!!!

This is what I see ....

image.thumb.png.55503f7e7863b2136c64d1f53f014d8e.png

I've circled in orange the <VIEW> (bottom near the right corner) and also the <A> icon.  The <A> icon previously had a red line through it but after pressing it the red line disappeared and the camera came on automatically when slowing down at junctions, etc.  I think 7mph or under the camera comes on and then when I accelerate again the camera view disappears and the SATNAV page comes back. 

I have a 23 (24 model) 450 Premium Plus and it is as described by Ken.

I in fact had the opposite problem to the OP initially as I wanted to turn that feature off!

I was on a trip in a strange city with lots of tight turns on junctions with multiple exits and the screen would change from the sat nav just at the moment when you needed to know which way to turn next and if you did manage to switch back manually it would sometimes immediately come back on resulting in a couple of missed turns.

To switch it works exactly as described previously but I find it less annoying to keep it on non auto and switch it on as required with the "view" button.

John 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

That must be for RX / NX Takumi models only?

Quite possibly but unsure as to what's available on other versions.

1 hour ago, John Hutton said:

I have a 23 (24 model) 450 Premium Plus and it is as described by Ken.

I in fact had the opposite problem to the OP initially as I wanted to turn that feature off!

I was on a trip in a strange city with lots of tight turns on junctions with multiple exits and the screen would change from the sat nav just at the moment when you needed to know which way to turn next and if you did manage to switch back manually it would sometimes immediately come back on resulting in a couple of missed turns.

To switch it works exactly as described previously but I find it less annoying to keep it on non auto and switch it on as required with the "view" button.

John 

I guess it's down to preference.  I do like the auto feature. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Yes.. Your Right Ken.. Don,t Have a Touch screen on my NX. So Don,t Have a Forward Camera..Would i be Correct..

I didn't have a touch screen on my previous nx300h, it had a touch pad.  It did have a forward camera and the auto on previously discussed, however it was a Takumi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Yes.. Your Right Ken.. Don,t Have a Touch screen on my NX. So Don,t Have a Forward Camera..Would i be Correct..

Absolutely. I only had a rear camera on my NX300h but parking sensors front and back.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links