Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Doing my own service on 2011 RX450H - Advice.

Hi All

I wondered if any of your service your own cars and if so how difficult you found it with the Lexus RX450 model. I am not fussed about a service history book with stamps as don't plan to sell it but I would like to try avoid spending close to £350-400 on a full service if I can do a lot of it myself, such as air filter changes, oil changes etc. Spark plugs may be harder but YouTube seems to have videos for it all.

Has anyone done the usual jobs to their cars and any advice / feedback? 

I have never worked on this model myself but really depends on your level of experience.

An oil and filter change plus air filter should be very straightforward, brake fluid change can be more complex as well as the plugs as you state.

One option would be to do the interim service yourself and dealer / independent for a major service.

• Like 1

Hi, I do all my own servicing, no problems really , I do advise getting a oil filter adapter tool for the paper element oil filter, does make life easier. If your doing brakes take the negative off the Battery, the keep the key fob out of the way , and put a piece of wood underneath the tailgate to stop it closing, no power no open ! Pump up brakes before putting power back on. 

• Like 2

On 11/14/2023 at 12:54 PM, Joebloggs90 said:

Hi All

I wondered if any of your service your own cars and if so how difficult you found it with the Lexus RX450 model. I am not fussed about a service history book with stamps as don't plan to sell it but I would like to try avoid spending close to £350-400 on a full service if I can do a lot of it myself, such as air filter changes, oil changes etc. Spark plugs may be harder but YouTube seems to have videos for it all.

Has anyone done the usual jobs to their cars and any advice / feedback? 

Aheeeeem!  I recently spent £560 with  a main dealer for a full service and that was with club discount and without plugs.  I was charged a further £100 for aircon regas, the gas being a non standard one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links