Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should I buy a GS?

RodfromCov

Hi, I'm looking at a 2014 GS Luxury with 62,000 miles up. Looks very nice but any insight would be helpful. The Lexus dealer tells me there's no service book - 'It's all online'. Sounds odd to me. Any opinions?

Thanks

58 minutes ago, RodfromCov said:

Hi, I'm looking at a 2014 GS Luxury with 62,000 miles up. Looks very nice but any insight would be helpful. The Lexus dealer tells me there's no service book - 'It's all online'. Sounds odd to me. Any opinions?

Thanks

Regarding the service book. It is fine. Ask them to print down the service history for you. All the MOT hostory will also be there online more than likely.

• Like 1

Hi Rod,

There should definitely be a book, so it looks like it has been lost along the way.

When I bought my GS, the service book had been replaced at some point, so was missing some of the earlier stamps.  Since it had a full main dealer service history, the dealer was able to find out which dealership serviced it previously and the book was promptly posted to them, who then stamped it and sent it back.

Personally, I am old fashioned in that I prefer having the book, but it is up to you.  Some are happy with just the invoices, so it works either way.

Obviously can't comment on the particular car you are looking at as I haven't seen it but I would definitely recommend a GS to anyone. I believe them to be one of the most under appreciated and overlooked cars, especially by the motoring press, given the build quality, reliability and comfort. Is it a 300 or 450 you are looking at?

6 hours ago, RodfromCov said:

Thanks for the advice. As far as the car is concerned would you recommend?

Like Chris says, not sure which car in particular you are looking at, but generally, yes, I absolutely loved my 2013 GS450h Premier.

No great issues to speak of, very well built, comfortable, and basically a great all-around daily car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links