Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Suspension RX300

Hi

Have a question regarding a fault on my air suspension. once parked and left over night, the suspension on the rear settles to its lowest position on both sides. once I start the car, the compressor kicks in and lifts both sides up but the rear left is solid until after a few bumps then all's good. my question is, are the shocks linked hence why both sides drop as I would have thought it unlikely both would fail at the same time. car is booked into Lexus main dealer on 7th Dec and they want £250 just to locate the fault. i can get a replacement shock for £250 so any help before it goes in would be very gratefully received.

I would say it's unusual for both rears to go down evenly. If it's a small air leak, it's usually obvious at one corner not both.

The pump and height controllers appear to be working correctly at the rear so perhaps there is a small air leak in the back. You can spray soapy water on the struts and the pipes to see if there are any visible leaks. A very slow leak will appear as a bubble or a few very small bubbles on the air bag. 

Do you have the air set to lower itself for passengers to get out more easily when the car stops? Just eliminating the possibility that the rear is working as it should and the front isn't lowering itself?

Try this for more info

and this one

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links