Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear middle seatbelt socket reattachment

Hello all

In the spring my car was taken apart for extensive water leak repairs and it turns out the rear middle seatbelt socket wasn't reattached, I needed to carry a middle-seat passenger the other day and discovered the socket wasn't there only to find it stuffed loose down the back of one of the seats.

I've got the bolt that's needed to secure it to the floor from the dealer, was just wondering if it's an easy DIY, i.e. can I do it without removing the rear seats or would they need to come out?

If it involves removing the seats I'll get a mechanic to do it as I'm not comfortable messing around to that degree

Cheers,
Mark

3 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

I would take it back to where you had the work done and get them to finish the job.

Normally I'd agree but in this case they did me a huge favour with that job, it was easily £4k or more worth of work and faffing around and they only charged me £2k. I was lucky they even did the job at all really, the owner said if they'd noticed at the start that it had a panoramic roof they wouldn't have even taken it. Given that the job took an inordinate amount of time well over and above what they quoted, and they painstakingly sealed all around the panoramic roof to make sure it wasn't leaking which they really didn't have to do, and after having the car for months and doing all that extra work they didn't charge me a penny extra, I'm more than happy to forgive them for a tiny mishap like this. The car is still bulletproof in rain now too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links