Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus LS460 SE-L to LS500h Premier

There is a video (55 mins) on YouTube called Lexus LS500h 2018 - IN DEPTH - REVIEW   by Car and Driving - Car Reviews (Unable to copy and Paste due to Copyright)  I did try but not possible.

The car being reviewed, a AWD 2018 model year LS500h  Premier Spec, is the actual car I am to collect next week.  1st registered 1st December 2017 to Lexus UK as their Press car and then 6 years with the second owner.  I will be the third owner next week. 

In 2015 I bought my 2007 LS460 SE- L  and it was a sublime masterpiece of Engineering.  I wanted to move across to hybrids so a  GS450h followed and then three ES300h's in succession.  My goal was always the LS500h but their high residual prices prevented it.    Now the opportunity has arrived and with Lexus Stoke taking care of all the last 6 years servicing and with the Lexus Relax Scheme taking care of all warranty till 2027 it makes such a purchase less of a risk.   The Premier spec  now known as Takumi of late is a masterclass in craftmanship.     

• Like 1

Thanks Arne, this is what I love about the Lexus Forum Members who can sort out stuff for old Gimmers like me.

The video shows a private plate on the car in certain shots but an age related plate for other segments of the video and it was only when I saw the normal plate did I realise it was the car I was purchasing.  

• Like 1

Sure did Jonathan,   Did you see it living in the Cheshire area?   I was on holiday in Cheshire this week so slipped over to Stoke to see it in the flesh. Nice chap called Peter has looked after me, very helpful

They are going through a few DVLA online processes right now but yes I saw it on both Autotrader and the main Lexus UK website.   Not many for sale just now, around 8-9  I think.   

Grey metallic with Black and Red interior, around 33,000 miles.  The run flat tyres were all replaced not that long ago but I am still considering the Lexus tyre cover as the only bolt on that might be worth the premium, around £270 for a 3 year cover period.    Unlimited punctures and 5 tyres over the 3 years if unrepairable but with a £300 limit per tyre. Lord knows what a run flat tyre for a LS costs.    No old style service book but I saw the digital print out for the services, however the salesman said he would obtain a service record book and because they did the servicing they would stamp up the book to reflect the work done. 

Looking forward to owning this car, my 5th Lexus since 2015.  

• Like 2

I'm really pleased you have bought this. I saw it in person when it first came in. I was waiting for my RX450h to be serviced. I went back a week later to have a test drive (with Peter as it happens). The car is beautiful. I was very tempted but I decided not to proceed in the end. Not quite the right time for me what with an imminent house move. I'm sure you will be very happy with it. Lexus Stoke are fantastic to deal with. I bought my previous LS600h from them plus our current RX450h. I couldn't be happier with their service. James, on the service desk, is fabulous to deal with and nothing is too much trouble. Enjoy the new LS500!

• Like 1

Small World Jonathan,  my impression of Lexus Stoke has been very positive so far much like my experiences with Leeds and Carlisle where I have bought cars.  Unlike Cambridge,  (just awful)  where I bought my last ES300h which Peter is taking in against the LS.   Cambridge staff need to spend a week at Stoke to see how it's done.   Peter had the LS in the handover room when I arrived which set the standard in my eyes as to how to give a very professional impression.  

My first Lexus was the LS460 SE-L but as I had not developed any real knowledge of hybrids I was a bit wary of hybrid batteries as I really wanted the LS600h but only with the 4 seat option pack.   Alas my courage let me down but still the 460 was glorious.  Now of course any Lexus model is more than likely to be bullet proof. 

Take a look at the sample box I bought on E Bay for the LS 460/600. It contains the wood, leather and paint samples you could choose and Lexus Carlisle told me they used it when sales customers needed a home or business visit by a salesman !!!!!

$_57[2].jpg

$_57[1] (3).jpg

$_57[1] (4).jpg

$_57[1] (5).jpg

$_57[2] (2).jpg

I’m incredibly impressed that you say Lexus Carlisle have it on their radar to make potential customer Home Sales Visits

That's high quality service and much foresight for sure ……. Old fashioned service that I thought vanished long back 

Long may Lexus Carlisle prosper 👍

Malc

I'm glad it worked out for you. There are so many things to like about that car. However, the one thing that I didn't like was that the rear entertainment screens seemed to be fixed. I would have wanted to take those out. Apart from that - perfect!

OOOh !!! Spooky Jonathan, when I was in the very first stage of discussions with Peter I sent an e mail to him and asked a few questions, one of which was if the rear screens could be removed, something that will get no use from me or the wife.  As they are not touch screens  in this model year and are just too intrusive and in your face. So fixed they are and not a lot I can do about it.

I would have preferred the Premium Pack front seat backs with just the strip of wood veneer on show.   There is a 2019 LS500h in Lexus Stockport for the same price with the lower Premium Pack which is still very high spec and I did make an enquiry about it but there was just something about that red leather dash board  in the car I'm buying that pulled me right in.   

Like all dealers they often want to steal your car when trading in a vehicle.  After a lot of offers and counter offers and rejection outright of their first offer Stoke manipulated the figs to suit their book keeping but I finally got £3000 more for my car but it was hard work getting a figure for mine that was only just acceptable.    At one point I said I would need to withdraw and it wasn't a bluff but sensing a lost sale which they thought was in the bag they came back and agreed the figs I thought were much fairer all round. 

One good thing is the road tax reduction I will benefit from which was a eye watering £560 x 5 years on the ES and now is £212 because it's over 5 years old.  

The natural progression for me was originally going to be an ES300h Takumi in due course but the actual difference in price against a 6 year old LS wasn't that great albeit the ES would have been a younger car.  

I'm inclined now to buy the tyre cover at £270 for 3 years just to avoid the high cost of a single tyre should one need replacing plus unlimited puncture repairs.  As an insurance premium it's expensive when you think what the whole car costs to insure but tyres are the most venerable  part of a car I think. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links